Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
Staked
This space for rent
Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle Touch
Calibre, Kindle for PC, Kindle for Android + Dropbox

Ok, my old lady has informed me I'm getting a Kindle for Christmas so I've been working on getting my ebook library set up for it. As there is a Kindle reading app for the PC and my Android phone I'd like to get all the books synced up between all apps. Note that I do NOT care about syncing what page I'm on for non-Amazon purchased ebooks. All I want to do is keep the mobi files themselves synced between everything.

As I don't yet have my Kindle Touch, I'm currently just trying to get things synced for Kindle PC and Kindle Android. Here's the setup:

I have Calibre's library set to Dropbox\Calibre. That works fine, but if I change Kindle PC's default directory to Dropbox\Calibre it doesn't appear to look in any of the subdirectories that Calibre has created there.

How can I either get Kindle PC (and Kindle Android as I'm going to sync Dropbox\Calibre to sdcard/kindle on my phone) to look in those subdirectories or, if that's not possible, how can I get Calibre to just dump every file in Dropbox\Calibre and not create subdirectories?
Staked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
Staked
This space for rent
Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle Touch
Ok, I think I figured this out. I changed my default Calibre directory back to using a local folder.

I changed the Saving books to disk save template to:
Code:
{series} {series_index:0>3s} {title} - {authors}
Then I just use the save to disk -> Save only MOBI format to disk in a single directory option to save the files to Dropbox\kindle.

Changing my default directory for Kindle PC to Dropbox\kindle picks up the new mobi files just fine.

I then use Dropsync on my Android phone to sync the books to my phone.

Whee. Now my question is, is this setup going to break once I add my Kindle Touch to it?
Staked is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 04:39 AM   #3
marc999
marc999 began at the beginning.

Device: aldiko
If you want to give SpiderOak a try (better security and more free space than dropbox) use this referral code:

https://spideroak.com/download/refer...1dc5c5441b214a

It will give both of us an extra gigabyte of space for free.
marc999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
rxmiller123
rxmiller123 began at the beginning.

Device: android (FBReader)
Don't know you, but have a free gig on me. :-)
rxmiller123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
tgmayfield
tgmayfield began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
And another.
tgmayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 04:54 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc999 View Post
If you want to give SpiderOak a try (better security and more free space than dropbox)
I currently have 18 gig of free space with Dropbox, exactly what is the maximum free space I can hope to attain using SpiderOak's free account?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:45 AM   #7
marc999
marc999 began at the beginning.

Device: aldiko
The maximum free space for SpiderOak is 50 Gb. I am up to 32 Gb after just two weeks.
marc999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #8
crackhammer
Enthusiast
crackhammer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook touch, iPad, Xoom
@ marc,

Hope you got 1 more GB.

I wonder where do you find the referral link as I need to get myself more storage now
crackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote