Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
eddy25
eddy25 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sending newspapers to Kindle automatically using Calibre

Hi

I hope this is not something already answered, but as a newbie I have not managed to find a solution.

Supposedly it is possible to set calibre to automatically email newspapers daily to a Kindle.

I have downloaded the newspapers to Calibre OK and set up my Kindle email address, also ticked the Autosend box in the Calibre section 'sharing books by email' but the papers are still not sent until I highlight them in the Calibre Library and select Connect/share then email to Kindle email address.

Am I doing something incorrectly or is it impossible to automatically download newspapers via Calibre to a Kindle?

Thanks.
eddy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You are leaving Calibre running in the background, correct? Even if you tick all the appropriate boxes and configure it exactly right, it won't email anything while it's not running.

Sorry if that sounds like I'm being condescending, but you'd be surprised how often that is overlooked.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
eddy25

Thanks DiapDealer,

A good reminder, but yes Calibre is running and the latest edition of the newspaper is downloaded to Cailbre.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Make sure that you enable Calibre to autosend: (settings/ email.. )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ads?z resim.png
Views:	3409
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	74867  

Last edited by thomass; 07-27-2011 at 04:14 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
eddy25

Many thanks.

It seems to be working now. I am delighted with both Calibre and this forum!
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 AM   #6
gwhite
Connoisseur
gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Paperwhite
As I've mentioned previously in this forum, it's possible to avoid Calibre altogether and download the Guardian (the most illustrious of British newspapers) directly to your Kindle using this app.
http://mythic-beasts.com/~mark/rando...an-for-kindle/
gwhite is offline   Reply With Quote