Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
CountryGirl
CountryGirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CountryGirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CountryGirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CountryGirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Kobo Readers Used in China

Sorry to those who are seeing this post duplicated from the Nook and Sony forums. But I'm trying to figure out which ereader to buy before we move to China and was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully use a one of the Kobo ereaders in China or other countries outside the US? Have you had to do anything different to make it work? Have you had any trouble downloading books from any of the ebook stores?

Thanks!
CountryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
erictoma
Banned
erictoma doesn't littererictoma doesn't litter

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl View Post
Sorry to those who are seeing this post duplicated from the Nook and Sony forums. But I'm trying to figure out which ereader to buy before we move to China and was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully use a one of the Kobo ereaders in China or other countries outside the US? Have you had to do anything different to make it work? Have you had any trouble downloading books from any of the ebook stores?

Thanks!
I thinks there are more books in China than in USA and there are more eReader makers their too.
erictoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Not a lot of info, but somebody asked the same question in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107904
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The Kindle with the newest update (I'm not sure if its out yet) but it will be able to go on Facebook and Twitter (which is blocked in china) so I'm not to sure if it is officially illegal or not, and its a auto update via WIFI or 3G, so not sure if in an airport search it would be confiscated.

Hope this helped
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote