Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
No gift purchases

Seems that Amazon doesn't allow you to purchase books with gift vouchers.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see now that I was kind of mistaken. It was in my Kindle Wish List where I've put some books I am interested in. In order not to go nuts with 1-Click buying I've bought myself some Amazon Gift Vouchers, hence purchases will be deducted from a positive balance.

However, this got me thinking. Is it possible for me to buy a book for Kindle and have it delivered to someone else as a birthday gift? Pre-set delivery time, kind of thing.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Kumabjorn, you're right that Amazon will apply your gift voucher automatically when you make a 1-click purchase.

But that only applies to Amazon in the US. With Amazon UK gift vouchers, the small print specifically disallows them for 1-click purchases (I'm not sure about other countries.)

Re your other question: No, I don't think you can buy a book as a gift (although I don't know why not). You would have to give a gift voucher as a gift, which isn't the same thing at all.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:42 AM   #4
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Exactly, wouldn't it be great if you could send a book to someone's Kindle with a little message attached?

I guess you need some kind of pre-approval, otherwise there is a potential for misuse, maybe even abuse.