Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #346
abeonis
eBook DIYer
abeonis began at the beginning.

Device: K4, KF HD 8.9, Readium
Sorry. I am removing the formatting. Some others may have different CSS classes for H3, I don't know for which reasons. Anyway, I am testing my flow and I don't have different H3 classes in one eBook.

And I am cleanning it to make it compliant with KDP rules.

Last edited by abeonis; 06-10-2013 at 02:58 PM.
abeonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #347
abeonis
eBook DIYer
abeonis began at the beginning.

Device: K4, KF HD 8.9, Readium
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeonis View Post
MS-Word > .docx > Atlantis > .epub > Script w/ Kindlegen > .mobi
And if I could run Atlantis in real batch mode:

MS-Word > Script > ePub and mobi

Zen.
abeonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #348
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
A friend of mine reads his eBooks on Android systems and informed me that the Atlantis made eBook would not open in Android using either Aldiko, FBReader, or some other readers. He said the same eBook would open on his PC in ADE. I tried the same book on my iPad and it was ok using several readers. I opened the eBook in Sigil and resaved it with no changes and then it would open fine on his Android system with any of his eBook readers. I have no idea why this would be so although Sigil did a bit of rearranging as it always does.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #349
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
How about FBReader for Windows? Does it open that "Atlantis EPUB" correctly?

Could you email the following files to support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com:

– the source document file (RTF, DOC, DOCX, or ODT),
– the "faulty" Atlantis EPUB,
– the EPUB file modified by Sigil?
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #350
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have submitted the required documents. FBReader for Windows and FBReader for Android are nothing alike. The latest Windows version was done 3 years ago. The Android version is done in Java by a different person. I do not think you can even compare one with the other.

Dale
Advert
Old 08-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #351
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Thanks for the files.

I have installed the latest public version of FBReader 1.8.2 to my Sony PRS-T1 (Android version 2.2.1).

I also installed the latest beta version of FBReader 2.0 (beta 8) to Nexus One (Android version 4.3) under the Android emulator from the Android SDK.

In both cases, FBReader opened your Atlantis EPUB without a problem.

I cannot say why your friend cannot open EPUB files generated by Atlantis. But it is very unlikely that the problem is with the Atlantis EPUBs. Otherwise there would be plenty of complaints from other users.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #352
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
I can hardly imagine a book chapter containing 250,000+ characters.
In my hardcover copy of Swann's Way, part II ("Swann in Love") is a single chapter of 205 pages.

But it's impossible to imagine M. Proust using a word processor, so your point is well taken. I look forward to trying Atlantis on my next book (which probably totals about 205 pages, with 13 chapters).
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #353
awp
Addict

No matter how many chapters you have in your document, and how long they are, you can convert it to EPUB with Atlantis Word Processor.

But if there are "too long" (300+ KB) chapters in your source document, Atlantis might save each of them as multiple XHTMLs.

The check for "too long" chapters can be disabled in Atlantis. Here is how to proceed:

1. Close all running copies of Atlantis (if any).

2. Press WinKey+R to open the "Run" dialog.

3. Type "regedit" (without quotes), and press Enter.

4. Open the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Atlantis Word Processor\LoadSave

5. Double-click the "Ebook300KB" value, type "0" in the "Value" box, and click OK.

After that Atlantis would not check your documents for "too long" chapters when saving as EPUB. But note that older eReaders might have difficulties with opening EPUBs containing 300+ KB XHTMLs.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #354
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Large sections might also make other readers run quite slowly and take a long time to reformat when changing text size.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #355
awp
Addict

Atlantis Word Processor 1.6.6 has been released for betatesting. This version of Atlantis adds support for regular expressions.

You can find details here:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com..._1_6_6_000.htm

Click here to download this new version of Atlantis:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/beta
Old 10-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #356
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you, looks excellent, but the download link does not work. I was too fast, it is there now.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 10-11-2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: add more information
Old 10-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #357
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
What I would love to see in an e-book-friendly word processor is a set of WordStar "diamond" commands. I have such a command set for my copy of Word 2000 and it makes life ever so much easier.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #358
awp
Addict

The hot keys in Atlantis Word Processor are fully customizable (use the "Tools | Hot Keys..." menu command).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tools_hotkeys.png
Views:	371
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	113625  
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #359
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

I promised a review of Atlantis word processor. Please check our wiki under AWP Review. I will likely be adding some more to it. Comments welcome.

Dale
Old 10-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #360
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Nice review DaleDe,

Thanks.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, epub