Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #16
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Or a 6-6.8" screen (Nook St and Onyx T68, respectively)?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #17
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
"Will it work on this or that..." could you try it and let us know? Nook ST was the first supported device by ReLaunch and my continuation did not break it so far.

I made the screenshots from my 5" phone as it was easier to do than on the reader. The app run just fine on the phone as well.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2017, 03:18 AM   #18
ericooo
ericooo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox N96 CML
Working well on my N96 CML (9.7" capacitive with front Light)
Great job.
(I had classic relaunch 1.43 installed also)
ericooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:51 AM   #19
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Plusz,
thank you for your work, i can tell you that seems to work also on onyx i86.
The question had is own reason, before launching an apk

- without a simple web site with instructions describing the features.
- not coming from a validating store
- with low interaction with the os (launcher) and/or needing root permission for some functions
- started on a device i never used (nook)
- adapted to a device with a huge screen.

What if that thing opened a screen bigger than my resolution and installed in place of the default launcher leaving me no alternative than a factory reset.
You can admit that was a possibility as well.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:52 PM   #20
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Plusz,
thank you for your work, i can tell you that seems to work also on onyx i86.
The question had is own reason, before launching an apk

- without a simple web site with instructions describing the features.
- not coming from a validating store
- with low interaction with the os (launcher) and/or needing root permission for some functions
- started on a device i never used (nook)
- adapted to a device with a huge screen.

What if that thing opened a screen bigger than my resolution and installed in place of the default launcher leaving me no alternative than a factory reset.
You can admit that was a possibility as well.
Perfectly understood but I did not had a better answer for the question since as I mentioned in the beginning of this thread I have only Onyx Boox Max. Well, I have also Kobo and PocketBook but both based on non-Android firmware.

I did not tested at all the features requiring root. I don't root my devices as I don't see a reason for that.
Advert
Old 03-26-2017, 06:44 AM   #21
ericooo

It's now my base launcher. Some question and suggestions. ��
Question : how to prevent ReLaunchX from closing (or asking if I want to close it) each time I'm on the top of the folder structure ?
Suggestions :
1. Configure buttons to show (hide) on top and bottom panel
2. Allow putting favorite app short cut (or Better : apps intent) in top or bottom panel
3. In actions for press, double tap or long press of buttons in panel, allow actions like : swith to previous / next apps, turn Wi-Fi on off, turn screen Light on off,...

Thanks anyway for what has been already done
Old 03-26-2017, 12:05 PM   #22
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericooo View Post
It's now my base launcher. Some question and suggestions. ��
Question : how to prevent ReLaunchX from closing (or asking if I want to close it) each time I'm on the top of the folder structure ?
Suggestions :
1. Configure buttons to show (hide) on top and bottom panel
2. Allow putting favorite app short cut (or Better : apps intent) in top or bottom panel
3. In actions for press, double tap or long press of buttons in panel, allow actions like : swith to previous / next apps, turn Wi-Fi on off, turn screen Light on off,...

Thanks anyway for what has been already done
Sorry, it seems there is no solution for it yet in the app. Interesting that I never experienced this issue but it can be annoying. I will fix it in the future.
I've been playing with the code today, take a look at my next post.

Thanks for suggestions!
Old 03-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #23
plusz
Addict

ReLaunchX_1.2.0

I have finally found out what was the reason of possible freeze of the app. Unfortunately it is an Android problem which was fixed in Jelly Bean so best approach for older Android version is to avoid using such code.

Details for devs: The problem is with running anything via getRuntime().exec(cmd) on Android lower than Jelly Bean. The execution of cmd can be interrupted by a signal and Android will never restart or dispose the process. There is probably very small chance for it to happen but it can once in a while.

Luckily this code was not used very much so I managed to get rid of it.

Changes:
1. File properties popup will not display file owner and file permissions on non-rooted devices. To get the information shell process "ls -l" was used which may hang the app. This information is useless for people who does not root anyway.
2. Completely new Storage Info view. Elegant and more readable for non-geeks. Still if you prefer there is a setting to display the old table with details beneath the graphical bars on the view. Changed internal code which previously was starting shell process "df /sdcard" etc. to use other safe and faster Android API.
3. Fixed invisible strings. Few strings were white on white, namely in the 'Association Settings' view which can be accessed by Android Menu button.

New Storage Info view
Click image for larger version

Name:	4-view.jpg
Views:	1933
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	155829

If you prefer it can be combined with 'old style' details table by "Advanced Settings > Appearance > Storage Info view" setting

Name:	5-setting.jpg
Views:	1193
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	155830

but on small screens the 'old style' table may not fit so you may need to scroll the view

Name:	6-view_details.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	155831

Enjoy new binary
ReLaunchX_1.2.0.zip

Last edited by plusz; 03-26-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #24
ericooo

Thanks. It's now my main launcher...
Old 04-11-2017, 08:48 PM   #25
yac
yac began at the beginning.

Device: KO2
Hi plusz, thank you for your work.
RelaunchX seems to work fine on my Inkbook Obsidian.
It displays a warning at start but then it proceeds without problems.
Recent & favourite apps werent working in Relaunch-1.4.4 but here they're working OK. Very nice!
OTOH Relaunch-1.4.4 had bigger UI elements so it was a bit more comfortable.
One issue I noticed so far. When attempting to open an epub file, only a subsets of epub handling apps are shown to choose from. Relaunch-1.4.4 displayed them all.
Anyway, I'm switching to your version now.
Thanks again.
yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:02 AM   #26
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
I recenty acquired an Onyx Boox i86ML Plus to replace a Onyx Boox i62HD because a larger display area is required for proper reading of PDF files, which have become my favourite document format.
ReLaunchX has fully replaced the original launcher as it simply is much better suited for the task, by far. Thanks!
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:07 AM   #27
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yac View Post
Hi plusz, thank you for your work.
RelaunchX seems to work fine on my Inkbook Obsidian.
It displays a warning at start but then it proceeds without problems.
Recent & favourite apps werent working in Relaunch-1.4.4 but here they're working OK. Very nice!
OTOH Relaunch-1.4.4 had bigger UI elements so it was a bit more comfortable.
One issue I noticed so far. When attempting to open an epub file, only a subsets of epub handling apps are shown to choose from. Relaunch-1.4.4 displayed them all.
Anyway, I'm switching to your version now.
Thanks again.
Thanks for feedback. In the next version I will use Onyx SDK so no warnings on all Onyx devices.

The development ceased at this moment. The weather became so good so my priorities shifted. I spend a lot outdoors. On the other hand I actually switched to use the device to read something finally The app, even with very minor flaws, is very good at the task, isn't it?

Despite what I wrote above I am thinking of writing something better - a universal app for e-ink and phone. It must support themes to adjust well to the display and it must have better handling of apps. I have just wired mockups of what I wish to do but now I have to read Android book to learn how to make such UI.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #28
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I have two e-Ink devices, and I installed ReLaunchX on both, to test it out. On my Boyue T63, ReLaunchX crashes. When I try to open it or switch to it as my launcher, I get the pop-up window "Unfortunately, ReLaunchX has stopped." However, ReLaunchX seems to work fine on my Onyx C67 ML Carta 2. I'm just beginning to explore it, but I already like the easy access to information about my device, including its RAM use. Thanks for your work!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:47 PM   #29
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I have two e-Ink devices, and I installed ReLaunchX on both, to test it out. On my Boyue T63, ReLaunchX crashes. When I try to open it or switch to it as my launcher, I get the pop-up window "Unfortunately, ReLaunchX has stopped." However, ReLaunchX seems to work fine on my Onyx C67 ML Carta 2. I'm just beginning to explore it, but I already like the easy access to information about my device, including its RAM use. Thanks for your work!
Do you have AndroidStudio installed (or any logcat for Android)? I'd like to see the crash information flushed to the debug view when you run ReLaunchX on Boyue T63 - it could be something trivial.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #30
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Do you have AndroidStudio installed (or any logcat for Android)? I'd like to see the crash information flushed to the debug view when you run ReLaunchX on Boyue T63 - it could be something trivial.
When I have some time tomorrow, I'll see about getting a logcat to send you. It may well be something trivial. Thanks.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote