Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-01-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
rahrfk
rahrfk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Edit Books: unable to enter text

I've been using Calibre for converting books into ebooks for about a month now. Both I and my colleagues have encountered a problem that's annoying but not devastating. I'm wondering if it's our fault or Calibre's. Occasionally when we open a book for editing, Calibre will not accept any keystrokes—anything from trying to enter text in an .xhtml or .css file, or even a "command + S" keystroke to save.

Oftentimes closing the file and re-opening it will solve the problem, but not always. Sometimes we have to close Calibre, and when that doesn't work, restart our machine.

Has anyone else encountered this?
rahrfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You might try making a link so you can open the editor directly. In Windows you need to go to "C:\Program Files\Calibre2\ebook-edit.exe". It sounds like the focus of the program is elsewhere. That is why I am suggesting accessing it directly.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
You might try making a link so you can open the editor directly. In Windows you need to go to "C:\Program Files\Calibre2\ebook-edit.exe". It sounds like the focus of the program is elsewhere. That is why I am suggesting accessing it directly.
If that is true then it may be worth a click on the title bar of the editor.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I wonder if there is a off-screen (missing second monitor) error message open?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote