Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
bookmeal
Connoisseur
bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: benQ
Hanlin, considering and concern about battery life

How long have you been using hanlin?
Is it durable?
Is the screen still fine? no black lines, no broken...etc. etc ...

How is the battery life? coz i heard that some of the battery dead easy and need to be replace.

Can it read traditional Chinese ?

Thankyou
bookmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:00 AM   #2
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmeal View Post
How long have you been using hanlin?
Is it durable?
Is the screen still fine? no black lines, no broken...etc. etc ...

How is the battery life? coz i heard that some of the battery dead easy and need to be replace.

Can it read traditional Chinese ?

Thankyou
I've had my V3 for more than 2 years, use it every day and it's still fine, the display and everything. As for the batteries, I think there must have been various batches, because some people complained, but mine is still okay. I haven't measured how much it lasts now (I usually charge it when I connect it to the computer to add some files, hardly ever drain it completely), but it still works fine. And it could be replaced with a standard Nokia battery if it went bad.

Don't know anything about traditional Chinese, sorry.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 07:57 AM   #3
teemac
teemac doesn't litterteemac doesn't litter

Device: ECO Reader V3ext, ECO Reader V3+
I bought the V3 (ECOReader - Hanlin Clone in Australia) a few years ago and never had any trouble with it once I learned how to drive it - no problems with the battery at all. I bought a V3+ a year or so ago and also have had no problems with it. I read a couple of 200-300 page books (on magnification 5, making about 1200 screen pages) each week and usually do an overnight recharge every couple of weeks. Really the Hanlin v3 series is great to own and very economical if you don't need all the 'bells and whistles', internet etc. It is an eBook reader and that is exactly what it does admirably without any stress involved.

Wouldn't know anything about the Chinese language stuff - sorry.
teemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
My v3 and V3+ just keep going and going. I have replaced one battery. Very simple. I expect to keep using them until they die, (and it won't be from a dead battery!)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
My V3's still work fine as well, although the slow (compared to modern readers) processor causes problems with some poorly formatted books (Girl with a dragon tatoo took about 4s per page).

Most books are formatted fine though and I am still using a V3 for daily reading on my breaks at work.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert