Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 02:44 AM   #241
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
As an addition: I had a longer time ago, purchased a software for different puposes and installed on the second computer. Obviously, it had as well problems with the user's name path. The reaction of it was that it created - at least as deposit for some files - a user's directory of its own, aside of "C:\Users\Jürgen\...". It appears as "C:\Users\Jrgen\...". I have always been wondering about this, but could this be a way?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:30 PM   #242
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
It could be, but as I look at it more I'm wondering why the relative directories are so different anyway. The CSS file gets copied to the temporary directory, in both of the outputs here the 'kte-css' directory would be at the same place as the 'OEBPS' directory. So for both of them, the relative path should be "../../kte-css/hyphenation.css". But somehow it's not and I'm having trouble finding any reason why not. If your temporary directory was inside the path with the umlaut I would still suspect a bug in the Windows version of Python, but the paths have only ASCII characters.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2017, 02:47 PM   #243
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sincerely, it's hard to believe that the user's folder name should be the culprit:
1. When I did the setting, there was no warning about using non-ASCII-characters;
2. During all the three or four years that I own this computer, there was - except the strange behaviour of the one software that I had described - not a single misfunctionality that would have possibly been reduced to the user's folder name; and
3. I had scarcely used your plugin in this time, for some erroneous ideas I had about the properites of the Kepub format, but when I applied it, it worked perfectly as all other plugins.

However, I tried to change the user's directory name, only that I failed. Thus, in the case there is no soultion for the problem, I would have no choice but to desist of the plugin - which would be the more pitiful, as I just have been able to use the format the way that I always would have liked to. I have another computer, but the one that I frequently use on my journeys, so it would be nice if the plugin would work there as well.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:42 PM   #244
kiwik
Enthusiast
kiwik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One (ex Kindle, Sony 505)
Is there a trick to get a Kobo to recognise the new .kepub file without copying it across using Calibre?

I am unable to use Calibre due to blue screen issues, and when I manually copy any of the .kepub files across, the Kobo never picks it up.

.epub etc all work fine when I copy them manually.
kiwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:50 PM   #245
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Files MUST be named .kepub.epub; not simply .kepub. Also do not place them in a directory that starts with a period.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2017, 08:14 AM   #246
Leonatus
Wizard

@jgoguen: Are you still of the opinion that changing the css destination directory could perhaps help? - In that case, would you, please, show me how to do it?
Apologies for my tenaciousness!
Old 02-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #247
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I've been incredibly busy lately. It's a code change, but it's one I need to try to make where I can't reproduce the problem even with those Windows VMs Microsoft makes available for testing IE versions. Which reminds me why I really don't like Windows, but I digress

I'm having trouble even narrowing down where the problem is, and being quite busy lately isn't helping any.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:36 AM   #248
Leonatus
Wizard

O.k., it has not been my purpose to cause still more trouble. But it would be nice if you gave me hint when you'll find a solution for my problem.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #249
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

As soon as I have an idea I'll let you know
Old 02-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #250
Allanon911
Allanon911 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hi guys, I have a problem. Three days ago I discovered this plugin, and converted all my epub to kepub. Today I tried to convert other books ( with another pc), and after I've put the kepub in e-reader, appears something saying "Attention!", and simply says the book can't be opened. The strange thing is that if I use the same file as epub all goes well. I'm using the kobo aura one.
Another strange thing is that with my Sister's old kobo glo I have no problems, I can put all kepub and read them problemless. Any soluzione for this?
Allanon911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:00 PM   #251
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Just to check, it's all converted books that don't work on your Kobo? Can you send a debug log of calibre sending a book to your reader that doesn't work? What version of Kobo software is installed on your Kobo and on your sister's Kobo? Are you using the conversion plugin and then later sending the KePub, or are you using the driver and having it convert during the transfer (same code but it's possible there's a bug in one path but not the other)? And take a picture of your Kobo in the broken state? It's not clear if you're referring to English or French "attention" or if there's anything else that may be useful on the screen.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:06 AM   #252
Allanon911
Allanon911 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks for your response, but I've solved. The problem was that when my kobo was plugged in, all the times windows showed that was corrupted and had to be repaired. I pressed "analyze and repair", and this problem appeared. I had to format the e-reader, and then it worked again.
Allanon911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #253
Blackadder
Somewhat bored
Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo hd
I have just updated calibre to the most recent version. However the plugin no longer works.
I tried reinstalling it, but it fails

Has anyone experienced this
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #254
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
I have just updated calibre to the most recent version. However the plugin no longer works.
I tried reinstalling it, but it fails

Has anyone experienced this
A quick test here and it is still working. We need more details then "no longer works". Was there an error or what happened when you tried to use it?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #255
Blackadder
Somewhat bored
Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
A quick test here and it is still working. We need more details then "no longer works". Was there an error or what happened when you tried to use it?
Actually forget it, for some reason the plugin removed itself and yesterday when I tried to reinstall it I got an error message.

Today, however, I've been able to install it. Came to get the error message but it worked.

Problem solved
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote