Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 08-03-2018, 12:21 AM   #1
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Browser Viewer: Long-text Custom Column

Dear Kovid,

1) I have just added a custom column for my personal comments, using "long-text, like comment...". The problem is I want it to display below the original comment field (it is like that in the main Calibre), but in fact it somehow manages to sit upon the latter.

2) Request for inverted link color in night mode: Everything looks fine in normal reading mode, but when I need to switch to night mode, the blue links look bad on black blackground. Yes, I have to enter a {color: yellow;} to the user style but then I would have to remove it again when I read on white background the next morning. I think I may have mentioned it earlier elsewhere. If background-image color can be optionally inverted, it is just awesome.

3) Request for long text selection: On a PC, it is possible to select long texts, but on my mobile, it is not possible to control the selection. I just wanted to copy some texts while reading... In another thread, regarding annotation, you said about some API..., I'm not so sure it is possible now.

Best regards,
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) Where are you talking about this? In the book list? the book details page?

2) You already opened a ticket for this.

3) This is not possible
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2018, 02:46 AM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

1) I was referring to Book Details on the Browser Viewer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	40c3728f38629b56186994b4026b6052.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	165402

Moderator Notice
Please read Posting Guideline #9 regarding maximum size of inline images. I moved it to MR this time, next time me or another mod might delete it.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-03-2018 at 03:41 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:56 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Works for me. Is your custom comments field under the builtin comments field in Preferences->Look & feel->Book details?
Old 08-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #5
nqk
Fanatic

Yes, it is at the bottom. And in Calibre (windows 10) it is placed below the built-in comment. That's why I thought something might have gone wrong with the server.

Chrome on PC and mobile shows the same order.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Advert
Old 08-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Well if you post the metadata.db from your calibre library I can take a look
Old 08-04-2018, 04:50 AM   #7
nqk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Well if you post the metadata.db from your calibre library I can take a look
Here you go.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvOnHiMTAGM9hZN7fVhEYuSu96Jpdw

PS: It's been a while seen I had to look into the library folder. The db file used to be much bigger.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:14 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...d126fe03b95441
Old 08-05-2018, 08:25 AM   #9
nqk
Fanatic

Thank you, Kovid.