Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
The Baer Boys

Kindle is now up and live.

"After twenty five years of not making it as an actor, Darin returns home to take care of his recently widowed father. When he lands a long term substitute teaching job at his old high school he finds that it comes with more than the promise of a much needed paycheck."

Sample chapters can currently be found at Smashwords.

Update: June 14, 2014. Today and tomorrow you can get both of my books in one download for just $0.99. Links are in the last entry here.

Thanks to everyone who purchased my previous book. Just to let you know, The Baer Boys is quite a different creature in many ways but I hope you will enjoy it too!

Last edited by plumboz; 06-14-2014 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Double feature offer
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Preorder is over. The Baer Boys is live at Amazon, B&N, Smashwords and Apple. The $1.99 intro is good through the beginning of May.

Update: April 26, 2014. Purchase The Baer Boys through Smashwords and get a coupon to get Boomerang for free!

Thanks!

Last edited by plumboz; 04-26-2014 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Boomerang free
Old 05-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
plumboz
Novelist

Boomerang free with purchase of The Baer Boys

Purchase The Baer Boys now and receive a coupon for a free copy of Boomerang. Good at Amazon, Smashwords, Barnes and Noble and Apple.

And here is a bit from a review on Amazon.

"This is a book for everyone, with a lot of smiles, a few tears and a huge bucket of life!"
Old 05-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Congratulations Alan!
Just bought it, now in my TBR list.
For those who haven't read it, I (again) highly recommend Boomerang.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #5
plumboz
Novelist

Thank you, Pablo. I hope you enjoy the new one. It's quite a different creature from Boomerang, but early readers have been encouraging. And I've got to say that one of the greatest things about forums like this is hearing from people all over the world who have discovered and said kind things about my work. Say hi to Agent 99 for me!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alan,
I just finished The Baer Boys and really enjoyed it. I liked Art and The General very much, they made me laugh.
I hope we don't have to wait so long for your next book!
Agent 99 says hi to you, too.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:50 AM   #7
plumboz
Novelist

Pablo,
You are very kind. Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed "The Baer Boys". If I might be so bold to ask if you might help me get the word out? And in return I pledge not to take so long to finish the next one.

Alan
Old 05-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #8
Pablo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Pablo,
You are very kind. Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed "The Baer Boys". If I might be so bold to ask if you might help me get the word out? And in return I pledge not to take so long to finish the next one.

Alan
If "getting the word out" means writing a review, you're out of luck... Book reviewing is an art I don't master (not that I master any other arts, either... ), with the added difficulty of the language (you may have noticed that english is not my mother tongue). A balanced, well written review can do a lot to help sales, but a badly written one can have the opposite effect.

Of course, I will comment here from time to time... that I can certainly do.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #9
plumboz
Novelist

"Pass the word"

Pablo, I never solicit reviews. But I do believe in word of mouth advertising, so anytime someone says "I read this book and liked it" to a friend or on a forum it does more good for the author than a five hundred word, five star review.

I really appreciate first the fact that you have read both my books and then took the time to let me know you enjoyed them. That means the world to me.

Alan
Old 05-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #10
Pablo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Pablo, I never solicit reviews. But I do believe in word of mouth advertising, so anytime someone says "I read this book and liked it" to a friend or on a forum it does more good for the author than a five hundred word, five star review.

I really appreciate first the fact that you have read both my books and then took the time to let me know you enjoyed them. That means the world to me.

Alan
Ah... Ok. Sorry I misunderstood you. Of course I will pass the word whenever I have the opportunity!
Old 05-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #11
plumboz
Novelist

Pablo,
Absolutely no apology needed. I should have been more specific. And your English skills are pretty darned impressive from what I've seen here.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #12
plumboz
Novelist

$0.99 Kindle Sale

Now through Saturday, May 24, on Amazon only, get The Baer Boys for just $0.99.

The Baer Boys for Kindle
Old 05-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #13
plumboz
Novelist

Thank you to the MR members who have recently purchased "The Baer Boys".
Old 06-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #14
plumboz
Novelist

Again, thanks to the MR members who have purchased either The Baer Boys or my other novel, Boomerang!

Last edited by plumboz; 06-12-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #15
plumboz
Novelist

Thanks to the readers who purchased "Double Feature", my limited time issue of both of my novels.

Last edited by plumboz; 06-16-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Tags
alan hutcheson, new novel, pre-order, the baer boys