Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #31
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
@Blossom,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I did what you suggested (brilliant!) and went to install it and the KF stated that there was a conflict with an already installed program. So I hunted around - no more app icons on the carousel or in Favorites - but by pressing on the Apps menu - they were all there! Even the Amazon free apps (I didn't have any paid apps).

So now I can give it back as a useable device. The 13-yr-old girl isn't much into tech nor are the parents - so this is a real windfall for them. Finances are so difficult here in Greece now that I am thrilled to help them make better use of their gift.

May be un-cool to say, but I really like dealing with Amazon (products). Not perfect, but surprisingly very good.

Blossom, I was actually thinking of PM'ing you with this question as you usually have excellent advice and suggestions! You beat me to it. I really appreciate the help.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
@Blossom,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I did what you suggested (brilliant!) and went to install it and the KF stated that there was a conflict with an already installed program. So I hunted around - no more app icons on the carousel or in Favorites - but by pressing on the Apps menu - they were all there! Even the Amazon free apps (I didn't have any paid apps).

So now I can give it back as a useable device. The 13-yr-old girl isn't much into tech nor are the parents - so this is a real windfall for them. Finances are so difficult here in Greece now that I am thrilled to help them make better use of their gift.

May be un-cool to say, but I really like dealing with Amazon (products). Not perfect, but surprisingly very good.

Blossom, I was actually thinking of PM'ing you with this question as you usually have excellent advice and suggestions! You beat me to it. I really appreciate the help.
You're welcome and I hope she enjoys her gift! Reading is one of the most precious gifts anyone gave to me growing up. I don't even know who is was who gave me my first real book, (one of those secret Santa things) but it open up a whole new world to a abused little girl who just wanted the ugly to go away and found her escape in reading.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #33
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I also found refuge in reading, as a child whose parents were going through separation and divorce. I wish that I could get my own daughter (19 yrs) interested in reading, but hasn't happened yet. My husband and I are both avid readers and just cannot understand that she is not. We've tried everything as she was growing up. Perhaps being bi-lingual had something to do with it, too difficult to read in English? But she doesn't really read lots of fiction in Greek either. Oh well. Too much Internet.

You have helped so many people, on MR and others indirectly like my friends. This is really a big deal for them. That's a very generous thing. I hope that your MR "karma" brings you lots of good karma in your adult life.

Back to KFHD: Seems that Amazon left the apps on the device, but cleared the Favorites menu. Good move. All the apps and books are still on Amazon in my account. Really nice way to handle the deregister action.

This experience has been wonderful for me so that I better understand how to set up my SGP5 when I get it in January. First time I've used an Android device and it is confusing in the beginning.

The KFHD has been pretty easy to use, even in other European countries, and the screen/ speakers are fantastic. If I could afford to buy the 8.9" one for home use, I would get it. Maybe can see if I can cajole someone into getting me one as a gift!

Last edited by rgeorg; 12-14-2012 at 02:52 AM.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #34
PookaLady
Enthusiast
PookaLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo , Kindle 3,Kindle Fire
Step by step installing flash.
http://www.lovemyfire.com/kindle-fire-flash-player.html
PookaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #35
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You're welcome and I hope she enjoys her gift! Reading is one of the most precious gifts anyone gave to me growing up. I don't even know who is was who gave me my first real book, (one of those secret Santa things) but it open up a whole new world to a abused little girl who just wanted the ugly to go away and found her escape in reading.
I remember my first book as a child. Still have it. Give the gift of a book, or an ereader.

Merry Christmas my fellow book readers.

Last edited by new; 12-24-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 03:10 AM   #36
kindle_ newgirl
kindle_ newgirl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
Smile how to change wallpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
It is also helpful for changing wallpapers for alternative launchers.
how do I change my KFHD wallpaper? I've already downloaded the ES
file explorer is there another app for wallpapers that I have to download? if not please help me out here or anyone who can help. Thank you!
kindle_ newgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #37
kindle_ newgirl
kindle_ newgirl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
wallpaper help

does anyone know how to change the wallpaper on the KFHD? are there any apps that people recommend? if anyone has any insight on my problem please help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.
kindle_ newgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #38
renswic
Enthusiast
renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: 2018 PW4
Something that I had to call Amazon for.

How to shut off auto correct and next word prediction:
Pull down the settings menu
More
Language & keyboard
Keyboards
English
Auto correction OFF
Next word prediction OFF

Also found it here:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_...x2SXL3T2HTMMRY
renswic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #39
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by renswic View Post

More
Language & keyboard
Keyboards
English
Auto correction OFF
Next word prediction OFF

Also found it here:
Thanks for that . I've been meaning to look into how to turn that irritating feature off.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #40
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Oh, I had to track that down that bit of nasty immediately and turn it off! I do leave the "next word prediction" on, though. It never intrudes—and sometimes actually comes in handy.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #41
renswic
Enthusiast
renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks for that . I've been meaning to look into how to turn that irritating feature off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Oh, I had to track that down that bit of nasty immediately and turn it off! I do leave the "next word prediction" on, though. It never intrudes—and sometimes actually comes in handy.

Np it was pissing me off when entering a gift card code. Was the first thing I figured out how to shut off on my iPhone as well.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #42
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
sadly even with that feature turned off it seems to still not work and want to auto correct for you, unless they have fixed it since last update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renswic View Post

More
Language & keyboard
Keyboards
English
Auto correction OFF
Next word prediction OFF

Also found it here:
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #43
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
sadly even with that feature turned off it seems to still not work and want to auto correct for you, unless they have fixed it since last update.
Firmware 7.2.3

I can confirm that turning off auto correction actually stops any auto correcting while typing. It's very easy for me to confirm, as I would have yanked all my hair out and punched the screen to fine, white powder by now if it wasn't really turned off.

Off is off on my HD 7.2.3

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-06-2013 at 02:29 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #44
renswic
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Just checked my version and can double confirm that it works on 7.2.3. Though mine is rooted so I can't offer any confirmation on a stock KFHD
Old 01-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #45
Margriff
Margriff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Expand memory via external drive?

Can the KFHD access files on a memory stick connected via the micro USB?
Margriff is offline   Reply With Quote