Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Calibre manual and selecting multiple books

The Calibre Manual implies that selecting multiple books requires users to be able to use keyboard and mouse at the same time:

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html

Quote:
* You can perform Actions on sets of books. To select multiple books you can either:

* Keep the Ctrl key pressed and click on the books you want selected.

* Keep the Shift key pressed and click on the starting and ending book of a range of books you want selected.
However-- at least for me-- it's possible to select multiple books by clicking and dragging.

The manual should probably mention that.

And-- at least in MacOS-- it's impossible to use Sticky Keys for keyboard+multiple click combinations.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:46 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FTR - in Windows calibre:

You can select a set of consecutive books with the keyboard by: selecting the a book and then holding the Shift+↓ keys (or Shift+↑). Pretty sure that works on MacOS and most (all ?) Linuxes.

What you can't do with the keyboard directly is to select multiple non-consecutive books, i.e. hunt-and-peck/cherry-pick. But you can Mark the books you want, then Show the Marked books, and then do a Select All. I can't recall the keyboard shortcuts; I have the Mark tool in the book list context menu, so I drive it from there. That will work irrespective of the OS.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessibility, calibre, calibre manual