Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
Zonda
Zonda doesn't litterZonda doesn't litterZonda doesn't litter

Device: kindle oasis
Android of kindle oasis

I found a Android Kindle system on Taobao in China. From videos,I can even watch movies with Kindle! The owner gave the tutorial and sold the activation code. I tried to find ways to avoid activating the code in the forums, but probably because my English was poor or I didn't know the reason for the layout of the forum, I didn't find it. If that's the way, could you tell me?
Here is the owner's statement and the video about the effect of the brush:

I did the global eink optimization for Kindle Android, there are a variety of refresh mode, no flash screen, no drag picture. Global bleach, adjustable font contrast, so that Android app in Kindle to achieve white background black words. Can the native + Android dual system.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU5MzkyMjY0OA

The owner said that all 5.8.7 below Kindle can brush themselves, other versions of Kindle need to jailbreak, or disassemble the machine and then brush the machine.

http://kdroid.net
Zonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:18 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the dev forum. I think we have a minor language problem here!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I am not understanding what you mean by brush. Can you please put that sentence in the language you read it in so I can run it through a translator?

Please tell me you didn't pay much for that code.
The part of the video I saw looked like he was just using text to speech, not playing a video.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Ah...
"brush" - - that is cn_Google for "flash an image" (as close as I have been able to figure out - it shows up often).

= = =

@Zonda :: The installation of Android on the e-ink Kindles is not done here.

Parts of Android are licensed under the GPL open source license (the Linux kernel among other parts).
That license requires the provider of the binary to make the changed source code freely available.
The person who is doing the e-ink Kindle conversion refuses to release his source code.

It is the personal policy of the developers here to not support anyone that is abusing an Open Source license.
And this person (like the people of the Dorkian project) are making closed source binaries out of open source source code for profit.

There are one or more threads here where a discussion with that person was held. Perhaps somebody can find you a link to it.

But the final word is:
Not our work, so we have no way to support it.
You will have to get your support from the author.
(After all, he is the one that has your money not us. )
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:40 PM   #5
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur
Jiang Yuhan began at the beginning.

Device: New Kindle(558)
@Zonda 刷机方法已经放出啦?
Jiang Yuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:26 PM   #6
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
I've looked at the page, and it looks like it is a pretty straightforward instructions.

Like @knc1 says though, we didn't write it, so we cannot support it.

knc1, remind me, mmcblk0boot0 is where uboot is, right?

It looks like the package he has replaces uboot ( whatever is in mmcblk0boot0 ), and then sets up some sort of fastboot to flash the real stuff.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:02 PM   #7
Zonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiang Yuhan View Post
@Zonda 刷机方法已经放出啦?
放出了刷机包……没放出激活码……
Old 09-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #8
Zonda

Thank you,but I dont't know how to move it_(:з」∠)_
Old 09-19-2017, 11:21 PM   #9
Zonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sorry, this strange word appears because I used the translator.It is “刷机”,this word here means' make Kindle possible to use the Android system'"
Old 09-19-2017, 11:22 PM   #10
Zonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sorry, this strange word appears because I used the translator.It is “刷机”,this word here means' make Kindle possible to use the Android system'"
Old 09-19-2017, 11:48 PM   #11
Zonda

Thank you for your reply, I using Google translation to read what you mean.So maybe I understand what you mean by some mistake……
Brush——It is Google translate: 刷机. I don't know what is 刷机's correct translation…I only know in my language, we always use this word on mobile phone…For example, Samsung mobile phone 刷机 to MIUI,then we can use MIUI on Samsung…?And I don't understand the latter, as if to tell me that his behavior does not conform to the rules, but for some reason you can not restrain him?
Because my English is really bad, if what I say offends you or rude to you, please forgive me, because I didn't mean it.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:25 AM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonda View Post
Thank you for your reply, I using Google translation to read what you mean.So maybe I understand what you mean by some mistake……
Brush——It is Google translate: 刷机. I don't know what is 刷机's correct translation…I only know in my language, we always use this word on mobile phone…For example, Samsung mobile phone 刷机 to MIUI,then we can use MIUI on Samsung…?And I don't understand the latter, as if to tell me that his behavior does not conform to the rules, but for some reason you can not restrain him?
Because my English is really bad, if what I say offends you or rude to you, please forgive me, because I didn't mean it.
No one was offended. Your English except for the one word is fine and that was a Google translate problem. It happens with other languages too.

You found something at another site and we just cannot help you because the person that did the work is not here. You will have to ask your question on that site.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:32 AM   #13
Zonda

Thank you. I thought I could find my own way in this place...... I don't think that person will help me free, because that website is similar to eBay or Amazon. It's a shopping website. He makes money by selling activation code that activates the system.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:33 AM   #14
Zonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
I've looked at the page, and it looks like it is a pretty straightforward instructions.

Like @knc1 says though, we didn't write it, so we cannot support it.

knc1, remind me, mmcblk0boot0 is where uboot is, right?

It looks like the package he has replaces uboot ( whatever is in mmcblk0boot0 ), and then sets up some sort of fastboot to flash the real stuff.
Thank you very much!
Old 09-20-2017, 12:36 AM   #15
Zonda

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU5MzkyMjY0OA
Before you said you couldn't see the video, I think it was probably because I didn't use certain functions, but because I posted the URL directly into the text?

There will be a period of advertising ahead

Last edited by Zonda; 09-20-2017 at 12:42 AM.