Notices

Old 08-28-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
Gozer404
Gozer404 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T2
How to configure Calibre to have the books on the device correctly recognized

Hi,

I'm facing this problem since a few months and on a least 2 devices:
  • Books are organized correctly on my PC (Windows 7 x64) and all details are filled correctly in the database (author,title,series,collection,.....)
  • When the book is send to the device the 'Device' button shows that it's correctly send to device and all books are listed correctly in this view
  • BUT instead of having the green tick in the main library view I only have one tick at the beginning of the list showing the numbers of book and not a one to one information.
    See image in link : https://ibb.co/nRfDL9
  • And some books in the device are not detected as being in the library. See image in link: https://ibb.co/hTf8np

In the past (dunno when) it worked perfectly and I can't find why it's broken now... Help!

Calibre 3.29 / device seen as kobo Clara HD
Gozer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Your template is messed up

(1st shot) 35 Books match. Possibly because the Author title or filename ON THE DEVICE matches a single entry
2nd shot is the result of the same problem. Some of those 35 books should have matched

With the device connected: right click the DEVICE Icon (which only appears when connected): Configure: (if you can't see the issue, post the settings here)
Note any pattern MUST resolve differently for each book.
eg {title} by itself, will overwrite for all books with the same TITLE, regardless of any other differences . Typically, {authors} - {title} is the minimum for file name. Note if you have the same book, but 2 languages (and your Calibre uses only one for the data entry), one will overwrite the other since {languages} was not part of your template.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 02:37 AM   #3
Gozer404
Gozer404 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T2
I'll check the settings when I'm back at home, but if you look closely at the 2nd picture (the device view) you can see a big part of these 35 books and all of them are different...
Gozer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:12 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozer404 View Post
I'll check the settings when I'm back at home, but if you look closely at the 2nd picture (the device view) you can see a big part of these 35 books and all of them are different...
Hadn't noticed the link.

BUT I did see some that had special characters. Those can get ASCIIized or dropped, making duplicates.

Please post your DEVICE template.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote