Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Shazza
Addict
Shazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G & Wifi iphone
Hello from Vancouver BC

Hi everyone,

I have recently published my book, The Storyteller.

Though an absolute Luddite regarding the mechanics of techie stuff, as a user I love to play around with it, which is why I published to Kindle. I can see all sorts of possibilities around this New Media and am so excited to be part of it.

Though I most love to be outdoors, golfing, hiking or walking, being creative is equally imperative for my health. I consider myself more than blessed to be living in Vancouver, steps from both the beach and our famous Stanley Park.

I would love it if you visited my website and blog.

Good reading to everyone.
Shazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Welcome Sharon!

Think the Lions still have a shot?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Shazza!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Shazza and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
Leslie
Enthusiast
Leslie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Welcome to MR!
Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 05:18 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Shazza. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #7
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi Shazza and welcome to MobileRead. Good luck with your book.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Welcome to MobileRead, neighbour.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #9
Shazza
Addict

Why thank you everyone! Glad to be here.

GA - mebbe when the new retractable roof is installed, LOL. Can you believe the roof, which is costing close to 1/2 billion $$ won't retract in wind and rain? Huh?

How would you know about our Lions?

Sharon
Old 11-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #10
Shazza
Addict

Whoops, Wetdogeared, we were posting at the same time. Thanks for the welcome. Many on here from Vancouver?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #11
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
GA - mebbe when the new retractable roof is installed, LOL. Can you believe the roof, which is costing close to 1/2 billion $$ won't retract in wind and rain? Huh?

How would you know about our Lions?
Sharon, I did business with the CFL many years ago, and had breakfast with Wally Buono once. Nice guy.

I try to listen to all of the games on the internet. My friends are surprised when I tell them that with only eight teams, it's easier for an American to keep track of the CFL than any American sports league!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
Shazza
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Sharon, I did business with the CFL many years ago, and had breakfast with Wally Buono once. Nice guy.

I try to listen to all of the games on the internet. My friends are surprised when I tell them that with only eight teams, it's easier for an American to keep track of the CFL than any American sports league!
So, to answer your original question, I guess with 8-1 odds we've got a pretty good chance!

You didn't mention the reason many Americans watch our football ~ we Canucks proudly like to elbow our big brothers and remind them our scoring system is more difficult. Plus it can be a bit more difficult to hold onto a ball that is frozen. ('course that never happens in Vancouver, but we like to let folks think we are the frozen north so they don't discover us and ruin our little personal playground).

Sharon
Old 11-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #13
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:46 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #15
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
Whoops, Wetdogeared, we were posting at the same time. Thanks for the welcome. Many on here from Vancouver?
I know of at least a dozen members from the Lower Mainland, Shazza. There are probably hundreds.

I hope the retractable roof is not going to be another fast ferry type fiasco.

I just read that our Provincial Premier resigned.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blessings, the storyteller