Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2017, 01:11 AM   #46
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Yep, ditto for me: the price match was denied because, with the coupon, it came out cheaper. Good to know!
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:30 AM   #47
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Resurrecting an old thread to say that so far, I've found most of the prices on Kobo NZ comparable to Amazon, and of the three I've bought in the last two days, only Sue Grafton's last was cheaper on Google Books. Now to see if they give me my four bucks back!
Old 10-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #48
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
I resorted to Kobo's pricematch recently on The Penguin Book of Japanese Short Stories, which was oddly less expensive on iBooks.

They did a refund without any fuss.
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:45 PM   #49
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Yes, in my experience, it works fine every time. I've used it many times without a problem.

I note though, that at least in Canada, the Kobo store does sometimes have better prices than Amazon.ca for the same ebook anyway. (And most often the prices are the same.)
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:23 AM   #50
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Yes. For ebooks agency pricing just about ensures this on Big 5 publications. It's about time the DOJ went after them again in the US. In Australia, our ACC never bothered in the first place, though its not too late. I'm not sure what happened in Canada, but the demise of the wholesale model has certainly cost consumers everywhere.

Last edited by darryl; 10-16-2018 at 03:26 AM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:21 PM   #51
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
A few years ago, I had a problem where Kobo US ignored one of my price match requests for a almost two weeks in December, but eventually gave me a credit after I opened a support ticket. I also had one where it got rejected, I think I bought the book shortly after Kobo had raised the price, but it was still on sale at Amazon, and I ended up sending a screen print, and they did the match after all.

I don't know about the Big 5, but I complained to an indie press representative at Worldcon because they tended to have sales at Amazon, and maybe B&N, but not Kobo, and they claimed it was because Kobo wasn't as good as Amazon for setting up one day sales. I'm not sure I believe them, but I'd be more annoyed if Kobo didn't price match.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:09 PM   #52
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I price matched something from Google play yesterday, and they requested a screenshot for the price, which I had, fortunately. I asked, and they said if I can price match against either Amazon or Google, it's easier for them to check against Amazon because they are in Canada, and it will show the Canadian price for them in Google Play. In general, I recommend always saving a screenshot any time you price match.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote