Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2007, 12:47 PM   #31
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
You know I ended up purchasing this one and actually it's not that bad. Much better than the single little lens and IMO it lights up the whole screen well enough to see. I got the red one in anticipation of my RED leather jacket that doesn't exist yet

http://www.biggerandbrighter.com/boo...ems/GP-03.html
I think I tried this one about one year ago with hardback book. Didn't like it. Maybe I should give it another chance because reader is smaller than book.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #32
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Well if you have it, it's worth tryng. I found it much better than what I had. This one throws quite a bit of light.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2007, 06:59 AM   #33
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
No, I don't have it anymore. It went back to a bookshop on the next day. Maybe they still sell it, I dunno.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #34
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

hmmmm, well that changes things... ;(
Old 03-05-2007, 10:08 PM   #35
jblack
jblack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I use that 3 LED light mentioned above, and it is not bad, but I wouldn't recommend it.

It throws out enough light without much glare, but there are a few problems:

-Sometimes the light will turn off when swiveling the top part.

-It uses 2 CR2450 batteries, which are not as easy to find in stores as other types (such as CR2032s).

-The clip doesn't fit that well on the thicker cover and I feel like it is going to snap off one of these days if I am not careful.

I might go ahead and try this PRSLIGHT01. Hopefully someday they will come out with a LightWedge for the Reader.
jblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #36
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Voyage, 256GB iPad Pro 9.7 on Verizon, iPhone 6s
This is why I love these forums. I was considering purchasing the light from Sony, but refused to pay $7.00 shipping for a $15 item. As suggested I went to Barnes and Noble and found the Great Point Light for $12.99. No shipping cost, and the instant gratification of having it NOW. Heh heh heh. I think the light works great. Extremely compact, light weight, and gives great screen coverage. I would definitely recommend.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:58 AM   #37
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblack
I use that 3 LED light mentioned above, and it is not bad, but I wouldn't recommend it.

-It uses 2 CR2450 batteries, which are not as easy to find in stores as other types (such as CR2032s).

-The clip doesn't fit that well on the thicker cover and I feel like it is going to snap off one of these days if I am not careful.

I might go ahead and try this PRSLIGHT01. Hopefully someday they will come out with a LightWedge for the Reader.
I did notice that the batteries looked large. I bought a spare pair at the time I bought the light. guess I will see in the future what happens.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #38
vvaann
Enthusiast
vvaann began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFNJ
This is why I love these forums. I was considering purchasing the light from Sony, but refused to pay $7.00 shipping for a $15 item. As suggested I went to Barnes and Noble and found the Great Point Light for $12.99. No shipping cost, and the instant gratification of having it NOW. Heh heh heh. I think the light works great. Extremely compact, light weight, and gives great screen coverage. I would definitely recommend.
Is it this one?
vvaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #39
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Monte Cristo 3
I think he's talking about this one, vvaann.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #40
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Voyage, 256GB iPad Pro 9.7 on Verizon, iPhone 6s
No vvaan, it's the one Natch linked to., basically the Sony one but my clip is gray, not black.

Last edited by DougFNJ; 03-06-2007 at 04:32 PM.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #41
Fauve
Fauve began at the beginning.

For those in the United States who are looking to save some money, walmart.com sells this light for $11.22 plus 97 cents for shipping.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5279895
Fauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #42
Fauve
Fauve began at the beginning.

For those in the United States who are looking to save some money, walmart.com sells this light for $11.22 plus 97 cents for shipping. I think that's the best price I've seen for it yet.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5279895
Fauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #43
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblack

I'm having trouble with this light, too. The tiniest jiggle of the reader causes the light brightness to variably dim, or even turn off. I find myself tapping the side of the reader with my finger while I read, trying to keep the light steady on. Is anyone else having this problem?
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:50 PM   #44
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Monte Cristo 3
Sounds like a bad connection (i.e. loose wiring), to me.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #45
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele
I'm having trouble with this light, too. The tiniest jiggle of the reader causes the light brightness to variably dim, or even turn off. I find myself tapping the side of the reader with my finger while I read, trying to keep the light steady on. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes I had it but I fixed it. I modified mine so it could dim in 4 levels. But I also fixed the problem that you are describing.

The joint sockets have a little metal contact plate(on the picture, right):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...achmentid=1997

The other side (the frame) has a little wire that makes contact with that plate. Because the pressure is too low it will dim or even go off. I bend the wires outwards so it applies more pressure on the contact plates and that solves the problem. You need to be technical to do it since you have to take it apart on the side of the base with the batteries and the side of the LED's.
Because both sides have the joints and contact plates.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote