Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
Taantric
Taantric began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Nook Color
disable insertion of page numbers

How do I disable auto insertion of page numbers while converting? I am going from LRF to EPUB and the converted file has bold font page numbers. This causes a problem if you increase or decrease font size in the ebook reader. The page number shows up in the middle of the screen or other weird places.

EDIT: I'll expand the question to include this - How do I disable adding page breaks at new pages? It completely messes up resizing text size. If you like your text smaller then half the screen is just white space.

Last edited by Taantric; 01-23-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Taantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:04 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre will not be adding those page numbers - they must be in the original file! That implies the LRF itself was converted from some other format as it is not normal to have page numbers in a LRF file.

You might be able to use the Search/Replace facility in conversion to remove them. This would involve working out a suitable regex expression to identify them, so if you are not familiar with regex you should read the tutorial to get an idea of what to do. Then you can use the wizard on the regex search/replace dialog to see what the input would look like at the point the regex would have to operate.
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Taantric
Taantric began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Calibre will not be adding those page numbers - they must be in the original file!

Ah you are correct! Thanks for the info, i'll give it a go with the text replacement.
Taantric is offline   Reply With Quote