Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Statistics / Reading Life lost

After trying the firmware 2.3.1 I decided that I was better with the 2.1.5 so I changed it back, but doing so I lost all the Statistics / Reading Life, is there a way to get them back or is it already to late and I can forget them?

I red in the forums that the statistics are in the file KoboReader.sqlite so next time I change the software should I save this file in my PC and then copy it to the glo after having changed the firmware?

Thanks in advance for your help and a Happy new year!
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
You can backup your device to your hard drive.

If you do this before installing a later version of the firmware and you want to go backwards: you can factory reset, install the firmware version that the backup matches and then copy the backed up files back to the device.

WARNING: the firmware version and the restored backed-up files MUST match. The firmware is expecting the database to be the same version as it is. If the versions are mismatched, the results are unpredictable, but probably will result in a poorly (or non-) functioning device.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
thanks Murg, next time I will do a backup. Altough I now prefere to not sinc the device so I can control it, and decide if I want to update or not.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I was poking around the database trying to find it, since I lost mine in the update to 1.3.1 and would like to restore the values, but can't seem to find it. Any tips?
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Not many.

The "content" table holds the details of all the books. This includes the reading status and the last reading position.

The awards are in "Achievement".

I haven't really looked at "Rules" before, but it appears to be a link between the Achievement and Event tables.

The "Event" table must have all the info for the stats. I have had a brief look at it, but have never decoded anything out of it. Except I can now see that event 3 is probably open a new book, event 46 is turn a page and event 9 is did a dictionary lookup. And some of the events don't map to Rules.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been poking around the Event table trying to find a link between my displayed reading time and can't find much. I'm still trying to experiment and see if I can update my new database with a backup of the database I had before I had to do a wipe.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As mentioned above, I have done some looking at the Event table. The details of the events I have are:

Code:
Id		Description
0	Sync with Kobo  - One for each book synced, but only when a new book is downloaded? LastOccurence is updated
3	Open book
4	Started a digital library  - One for each kepub
5	Finished book
46	Turn page
47	Read all night
48	Read all night
80 	Page Turner
1001	Read 12am-1am
1002	Read 1am-5am
1004	Read 7am-9am
1005	Read 9am-12am
1006	Read 12pm-2pm
1007	Read 2pm-4pm
1008	Read 4pm-6pm
1009	Read 6pm-8pm
1010	Read 8pm-10pm
1011	Read 10pm-12pm
1020	?Close book?
1021	?Open book?
Events 47 to 1011 listed above, are used for the Achievements. But, they might also be used for other things. The blob that is stored with the 46 and 80 events are fairly large. And they look like they hold timestamps.

Also, the list isn't complete. I just noticed events in the range 51 to 68. And I might have the meaning of the last two events swapped.

As to restoring the database, it is reasonably safe to do so as long as it isn't corrupt in some way. If the books are in the same place, then it will be OK. You might have a problem if any kepubs are not on place. But, you can probably delete these and force a download.

Last edited by davidfor; 04-16-2013 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Fixed formatting and had description of 80 wrong.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #8
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky

Thanks David.

I'm starting to wonder if the device actually does some calculations based on events instead of actually just storing the value. I happened to be at 7 hours on the nose (I lost so many hours when I had to wipe the device), which is 0.28 days, 420 minutes or 25200 seconds. I couldn't find any of those values in any fields in the entire SQL database, even with some pretty broad SQL queries. I also looked through and played with entries that had First/Last Occurred values of NULL, thinking that it could logically be stored under one of those events, but could find no entires that seemed to match.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I think the info is in the "ExtraData" column. Unfortunately, that is a blob and needs to be decoded somehow. Exporting the value and looking at it in a text editor, it is probably a serialised object. You can see some names and interpret some values, but not all.

My guess would be that the 1021 stores the start time and 1022 stores the finish time of each reading session for a book. Then the total time for the book is the difference of the pairs summed together. And the total read is the total of these for all books. But, the total for each book might be put in the 5 event record when it is finished. That would make sense as the books finished count is the count the 5's, not the count of books marked as finished in the library.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #10
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That would make sense as the books finished count is the count the 5's, not the count of books marked as finished in the library.
Would it be possible then add a "5" event to all books marked as read, so that they are counted as "finished" in the stats?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Would it be possible then add a "5" event to all books marked as read, so that they are counted as "finished" in the stats?
That's what you would think, but I when I tried, I couldn't get it to work. There are two columns that cause problems.

The "ExtraData" column is a BLOB. I don't know exactly what is in it an how it is encoded.

The "CheckSum" column contains a checksum. But, I don't know what it is calculated on. Everything else in the row? Or just the ExtraData?

If someone knows how to handle those columns, then adding the row should be easy.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:12 AM   #12
rudgas
rudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo mini/Glo HD
I've also started diggin around in the sqlite database and want to expand this a little bit. Especially regarding reading life. (It bugs me that this isn't correctly working when transitioning from mini to glo hd)

Code:
Id		Description
0	Sync with Kobo  - One for each book synced, but only when a new book is downloaded? LastOccurence is updated
3	Open book
4	Started a digital library  - One for each kepub
5	Finished book
46	Turn page
47	Read all night
48	Read all night
80 	Page Turner
1001	Read 12am-1am
1002	Read 1am-5am
1004	Read 7am-9am
1005	Read 9am-12am
1006	Read 12pm-2pm
1007	Read 2pm-4pm
1008	Read 4pm-6pm
1009	Read 6pm-8pm
1010	Read 8pm-10pm
1011	Read 10pm-12pm
1020	?Close book?
1021	?Open book?
Added:

Code:
Id Description
1 got achievement
6 highlight something
9 read between 1am and 5am

27 connnect to facebook
28 share something on facebook
35,36 sign in to account or create kobo account
79 long-press a word in a book (see dictionary)
These are the known event id's.

In the Rules database there is an id corresponding to each reading life achievement followed by an EventType and a GoalValue. Lets look at the Juggernaut:

Id: 1014 EventType: 46 GoalValue: 10000
The EventType is as listed above page turning (i.e. ereader pages)

Now to the checksum.. anyone ANY idea how it is calculated?

I guess this is the point where the reader might overwrite any inserted values if it doesn't match, so my guess is we have to find the correct values the checksum is based on so we can caluculate our own and insert new values.
rudgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:38 AM   #13
rudgas
rudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Just confirmed changing values in the Achievement Table hides the achievement when opening the awards page in the reader.
Tried this with changing the text, hidden value and percent complete.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:13 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudgas View Post
I've also started diggin around in the sqlite database and want to expand this a little bit. Especially regarding reading life. (It bugs me that this isn't correctly working when transitioning from mini to glo hd)

Added:

Code:
Id Description
1 got achievement
6 highlight something
9 read between 1am and 5am
Sorry, that's not what 6 and 9 are.

Event 6 is selecting a quote. The award is "Want the Inverted Comma award? Select your favourite passages using our highlighting feature."

Event 9 is dictionary look up. Originally, this was one Event row counting the number of lookups. But, there was a bug in how that was done. Now, there is a row for each book you have done a lookup in.

Also in my notes since the above post:
Code:
38 - One per kepub. Appears to record each time a book is downloaded from the server
99999 - One for each purchased kepubs that has been opened. No idea what it is counting.
Quote:
These are the known event id's.

In the Rules database there is an id corresponding to each reading life achievement followed by an EventType and a GoalValue. Lets look at the Juggernaut:

Id: 1014 EventType: 46 GoalValue: 10000
The EventType is as listed above page turning (i.e. ereader pages)
Correct. And I'm at 82019 on one of my devices.

And the simplest way to see them is with the query:
Code:
SELECT *
FROM Achievement a LEFT OUTER JOIN Rules r ON a.Id = r.AchievementId
Quote:
Now to the checksum.. anyone ANY idea how it is calculated?

I guess this is the point where the reader might overwrite any inserted values if it doesn't match, so my guess is we have to find the correct values the checksum is based on so we can caluculate our own and insert new values.
Sorry, no real idea. I'm pretty sure it is calculated using all the other columns, but I don't know how they are combined.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:58 AM   #15
rudgas

As far as I can tell it is nothing obvious like everthing in the row written in a line. At least not if it's a md5 checksum.

This is hugely annoying. Especially since if I look at my events table it is pretty messed up since the transition from mini to glohd.