Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
nurber
nurber began at the beginning.

Device: Dell XPS laptop with Ubuntu Linux, Android tablets and smartphones
Viewer Find text box looses focus during find again ?

Hi Forum. New to Calibre and the forum. So far I'm really enjoying the product, thank you. I just tried looking for a string and noticed that if I continue to press enter with the find text box active that viewer will repeat the search, but at some point the find text book looses focus and the enter key no longer works. If I then make box active again I can continue to search, but eventually focus is gone again. Expected behavior ?
nurber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@nurber - yes, the 'Enter' seems to stop working when the viewer encounters a file boundary in the epub, typically these coincide with chapter boundaries.

But the 'official' Viewer keyboard shortcut for Find next is the widely used (de-facto standard) F3 key, and for Find Previous Shift+F3. See the Keyboard shortcuts tab in Viewer Preferences, double click an item to to change it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
nurber
nurber began at the beginning.

Device: Dell XPS laptop with Ubuntu Linux, Android tablets and smartphones
Hi BR. Thank for answering and good clarification. I can certainly adapt to pushing F3 instead of Enter.
nurber is offline   Reply With Quote