Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #31
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
1. Now all the messages in the "Settings" dialog should fit the screen.
I know I'm a minority, but the actual font size is still slightly large on the tiny screen of Kobo Mini. I've tried to change cr3.file.props.font.size in cr3.ini, but CR reverts it automatically to default value. Is it possible to add an option to change properties font size (or let to change it in cr3.ini at least) ?

Last edited by Mike76; 09-24-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #32
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
I know I'm a minority, but the actual font size is still slightly large on the tiny screen of Kobo Mini. I've tried to change cr3.file.props.font.size in cr3.ini, but CR reverts it automatically to default value. Is it possible to add an option to change properties font size (or let to change it in cr3.ini at least) ?
Sure, thanks for remark. For now for Aura and Mini DPI is calculated incorrect. I'll fix it in the next release. + I'll plan GUI fonts settings.

cr3.ini now contains book text rendering settings but not GUI fonts.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #33
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Sorry for the blurred pictures, but I hope you can see the difference.
Added a less blurry picture.
Luck;
Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CoolReader1.JPG
Views:	1111
Size:	524.0 KB
ID:	112053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Koreader1.JPG
Views:	818
Size:	491.7 KB
ID:	112054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Koreader2.JPG
Views:	814
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	112061  

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-24-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #34
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Sure, thanks for remark. For now for Aura and Mini DPI is calculated incorrect. I'll fix it in the next release. + I'll plan GUI fonts settings.

cr3.ini now contains book text rendering settings but not GUI fonts.
sergey, thanks a lot for this port!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #35
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Sergey, thanks!

Just a hint: I've copied .css files and hyph dir from Kindle version of CR to data directory of Kobo's CR port (The same files can be found in Koreader pack). Now CR has better formatting (for example chapter breaks in epubs) and hyphenation beside the algorithmic one.
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #36
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
sergeyvl12,

I had an issue with left and right margins. After closing CR and opening it again they were reset from 60 or 70 to the default value 8.
The upper margin remained 16, the lower margin remained 8.
So, perhaps only values over some limit were reset.

But it occurred only once, I was not able to reproduced it yet.
Also, it occurred with build 1.2.6 (last before 1.2.6.1)
So I will see if it happens again.
Aura HD
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #37
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To install 1.2.6.1 and further versions, I guess it is enough to extract cr3 folder from KoboRoot.tgz and copy it with overwriting into Kobo.
Because when installing the whole KoboRoot.tgz the whole fonts folder will probably be replaced - so it would require to connect to computer again and copy the fonts you are using. I am using Amasis30 - so far not in KoboRoot.tgz
Old 09-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #38
parkher
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
Sergey, thanks!

Just a hint: I've copied .css files and hyph dir from Kindle version of CR to data directory of Kobo's CR port (The same files can be found in Koreader pack). Now CR has better formatting (for example chapter breaks in epubs) and hyphenation beside the algorithmic one.
Thanks!
It works on Aura HD.
But it required to power off Aura completely for the hyphenation languages to appear in CR settings.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #39
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
To install 1.2.6.1 and further versions, I guess it is enough to extract cr3 folder from KoboRoot.tgz and copy it with overwriting into Kobo.
Because when installing the whole KoboRoot.tgz the whole fonts folder will probably be replaced - so it would require to connect to computer again and copy the fonts you are using. I am using Amasis30 - so far not in KoboRoot.tgz
As there might be other things fixed/enhanced than what is in the cr3 folder, it might be better to backup the font folder to your PC and restore it over the font folder provided by the update. The same approach would be useful if you had applied dictionary or css/style settings you wish to preserve.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-24-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:44 AM   #40
parkher
Evangelist

Ken Maltby
It is so much simpler to overwrite only the cr3 folder instead of uninstalling, installing, adding your fonts, css files and hyphen directory each time.
I just compare the content before updating:
1. I check if there are changes outside cr3 folder
2. I check if something is removed from cr3 folder that was previously there (except the stuff I added myself: fonts, css and hyphen).
So far there were no such changes.
I think this approach is very safe. If you notice such changes, maybe then you can opt to re-install everything, but even then probably you could just address those changes manually.

UPDATE: the author says, if you do not overwrite but re-install, you will lose the list of recent books, your bookmarks, etc.

I think, if you re-install, you should save your cache, bookmarks folders and cr3.ini and cr3hist.bmk files and then put them back again.

Last edited by parkher; 09-25-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #41
parkher
Evangelist

BTW, CR3 for android (jotas builds) has more hyphenation dictionaries - 23 .pattern files and a second .pdb for the Spanish language.
I tested, .pattern files are supported on Aura HD - at least the one that is is koreader (greek.pattern) shows up in settings.
So, I think, we can use all the other pattern files from the CR3 for android. Or from anywhere else.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #42
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
sergeyvl12,

I had an issue with left and right margins. After closing CR and opening it again they were reset from 60 or 70 to the default value 8.
The upper margin remained 16, the lower margin remained 8.
So, perhaps only values over some limit were reset.

But it occurred only once, I was not able to reproduced it yet.
Also, it occurred with build 1.2.6 (last before 1.2.6.1)
So I will see if it happens again.
Aura HD
With build 1.2.6.1 left and right margins will be saved, if the value is not greater than 30. Any value over 30 will reset the left and right margins to default. Tested with Aura HD.

Landscape mode works great! Thanks a lot to sergey!
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #43
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
With build 1.2.6.1 left and right margins will be saved, if the value is not greater than 30. Any value over 30 will reset the left and right margins to default. Tested with Aura HD.

Landscape mode works great! Thanks a lot to sergey!
Thanks, trekk.

To all: Is 30 enough or should I increase max value?
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #44
mastnacek
Enthusiast
mastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Mini
Why cant run CoolReader on Mini, firmware 2.5.2? I have linux debian on kobo and I cant upgrade firmware.
mastnacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #45
parkher
Evangelist

Quote:
Thanks, trekk.

To all: Is 30 enough or should I increase max value?
On Aura HD, I am using left and right margins = 92 each in portrait mode.
That gives me the width of text itself exactly as in printed books I have.
In landscape mode I would need exactly 300 on each side, because I would need to increase each margin from 8-9 mm to approximatelly 26 mm, i.e., 3.25 times.

So please, increase max value for margins 10 times from 30 to 300
Or at least to 100 - I am not sure that for 6.8" screen of Aura HD landscape is needed.
Perhaps portrait is enough. For 6" devices landscape is necessary.

BTW, the current max value seems to be applied inconsistently:
I tried left margin = 70, right margin = 80.
After exiting CR and starting again, left value was changed from 70 to 8 but the right value remained 80. It is strange.
But with my favorite values = 92 I cannot exit CR at all, both are dropped to 8 each time.
Now 72 on each side were both dropped to 8. with 60 on boths sides - seems to be ok.

Last edited by parkher; 09-25-2013 at 01:46 PM.