Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Question Difference between ADE and plain Adobe PDF?

This morning I went to download a file that said it was an ADE. But when the ADE screen came up (after it downloaded into my computers download screen) the book did not show up on the ADE screen so I could click and drag.

I ended up just right clicking onto the download and then putting into my nook drive and ejecting.

What is the difference between ADE and regular Adobe PDF?

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
ADE reads PDF and epub files that are either DRM-free or are encrypted using Adobe's particular brand of DRM infection. Adobe Reader will read PDF only, and AFAIK only uninfected files. You should have been able to drag & drop the book into ADE, and then onto your device if it's authorized in ADE.

Where did you buy the file? If you got it from B&N (since you have a Nook), it wouldn't download into ADE, it would go into the B&N version. Were you able to open the file on your Nook? Usually you have to load books onto a reader through the software that it's encrypted for--ADE, B&N, etc. But I don't know how a Nook works for that.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Hi -

I got the book at Manybooks.com and it says its an epub file. My son (at 15 he "knows all") says if it was an ADE file it would have shown on the ADE screen so I could "click and drag" it.

Marie
Old 09-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
did you actually download the epub file or only the download "ticket"?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
tiniree
Zealot

I have no idea. When my son got home today he took a look. Its on my Nook, but not the list under the ADE files.

Think I'll hold off downloading from Manybooks again.

Marie
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
http://manybooks.net/help/devices/nook.php

you aren't supposed to use ADE to get manybooks.net books onthe nook, they are all DRM free.

Quote:
You can read manybooks eBooks on your nook by placing them in the "my stuff" folder using the USB connection to your computer. See the nook Tech Specs page for a list of nook-supported ePub, PDB and PDF files.
what you did- downloading directly to the folder on your devcie as it was connected via USB as storage- is perfectly fine.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 09-09-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote