Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 02:29 AM   #121
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi Mark,

Thanks for sending the logging, there is indeed a problem in _apply.sh since version 5, where I restructured the _apply.sh file. Please modify line 199, it now contains:
Code:
		install_schema
and it should be:
Code:
		install_schemas
I attached a modified (untested!) version.

(An alternative would be to first install version 4 (which was still OK) and then version 6).

Please let me know if this indeed solves the problem.

Regards,
Marcel.
Attached Files
File Type: zip _apply.zip (2.0 KB, 227 views)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:35 AM   #122
GatindeTijd
GatindeTijd began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000
Yes, problem solved! I modified the install_schemas line myself in gedit and that did the trick. It's working smoothly now. Thanks!
GatindeTijd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #123
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Great work! Installing this new patch also solves the (small) problem I had with a black-then-blank screen when safely removing the SD-card.
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:39 AM   #124
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Patch 7

NOTE: THE BINARIES ARE ONLY FOR DR1000 with the latest R2.0beta firmware!!!

This version adds:
- Enhanced Property-change dialog to allow modification of Title and Author
- Prevent UDS from changing title and author values if tag contains 'no_update' (See UserManual for more instructions.)
- Add a new view type for 'temporally collections of documents', see MustRead-view. The "mustread" tag can be manually added to a document, but when such a document is viewed/started from the MustRead-view the tag is removed (and thus the document is removed from the view). See Auto-Remove views in the UserManual.
- Allow toolbar items to be configurable (ipc_menu_add_toolbar_item) for 3rd-party applications. (Only interesting for 3rd-party developers.)
- Allow 'user'-icons for toolbar items (i.e. other folders then the default system folder for icons). (Only interesting for 3rd-party developers.)
- Updated documentation.

So, my standard disclaimer: This is also a big hack, only very limited tested by me and less mature then 'normal', so my advise is to use it on the QEMU first. (Only the dare-devils should install it on their DR1000. :-)

The new features are getting more complicated and my explanation skills are not that good, so feel free to ask questions here (after reading the UserManual )

Marcel.

(The patch also includes the changes from all previous patches. The first file needs to be extracted to your SD-card, the 2nd contains the changed source code for those that want to add extra stuff.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip MackxPatch-dr1000-p7.zip (787.3 KB, 252 views)
File Type: zip MackxPatch-dr1000-p7-src.zip (266.5 KB, 238 views)
Old 01-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #125
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Working fine here
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #126
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
Working fine here
Thanks for the feedback. I also started working on the (long awaited ;-) 'remember keylock'-feature.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #127
rvs
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I also started working on the (long awaited ;-) 'remember keylock'-feature.
Much appreciated
Old 01-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #128
Paquillo
Enthusiast
Paquillo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, Motorola Xoom, Sony PRS-T1
I have installed MackxPatch version 7, and it works fine. :-)

I have got the new views and menu entries. Thanks a lot for your great work. I will check further the functionality during the next days.
Paquillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 AM   #129
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquillo View Post
I have installed MackxPatch version 7, and it works fine. :-)

I have got the new views and menu entries. Thanks a lot for your great work. I will check further the functionality during the next days.
Hi Paquillo,

I see this is your first post, welcome to the DR-community on MobileRead. Looking forward for your feedback.

Marcel.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:33 AM   #130
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
traveling right now without the DR1000, but looking forward to test the new patch asap !
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #131
Paquillo
Enthusiast

Hi, Marcel.

Last days I have tested basic features of your patch. I have used the "Set as StartPage" feature on several folders, and it works alright. I have also left open some PDF documents when shutting down, and they have been opened correctly at startup. They are medium size files, up to 5 MB (separated articles, not full magazines). The "Recently Read" view gathers the documents with that condition. So, for the moment, I have not found any bug. It works very well!

I would like to collaborate in this development, but nowadays I am not very introduced in programming, and I don't know anything about gtk. So I have thought that I may collaborate in the internationalization, just by translating the text messages into Spanish (schema files or whatever). Do you think all that stuff is clearly located?

Paco
Old 02-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #132
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
So I have thought that I may collaborate in the internationalization, just by translating the text messages into Spanish (schema files or whatever). Do you think all that stuff is clearly located?
Hi Paco,

Last weeks I was also thinking on the missing/incomplete translation of the V2 firmware. You triggered me to send a message to try to start a 'community translation project'. Hoping this gets picked up, maybe you have time to volunteer as moderator or as a translator?

Marcel.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #133
Paquillo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi Paco,

Last weeks I was also thinking on the missing/incomplete translation of the V2 firmware. You triggered me to send a message to try to start a 'community translation project'. Hoping this gets picked up, maybe you have time to volunteer as moderator or as a translator?

Marcel.
Hi, Marcel.

I think it's a good idea to initiate that project. I would prefer to volunteer as translator, because my dedication might be a little discontinuous to be moderator.

If this goes ahead, would the translations of v2 firmware and MackxPatch merge in an only project? Or would we work on both separately?

Paco
Old 02-08-2011, 02:34 AM   #134
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Hi, Marcel.

I think it's a good idea to initiate that project. I would prefer to volunteer as translator, because my dedication might be a little discontinuous to be moderator.

If this goes ahead, would the translations of v2 firmware and MackxPatch merge in an only project? Or would we work on both separately?

Paco
Hi Paco,

I think it is best to keep them separate, the translation should work for both DR800 and DR1000. Furthermore, not everybody would want to install MackxPatch. Once the V2-software is fully translated, I will also see if there are volunteers for MackxPatch.

PS: I 'appointed' myself already as volunteer moderator, I thought there was a lot of translation missing, but that was not the case, so I hope that the effort will not be too big.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #135
Paquillo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi Paco,

I think it is best to keep them separate, the translation should work for both DR800 and DR1000. Furthermore, not everybody would want to install MackxPatch. Once the V2-software is fully translated, I will also see if there are volunteers for MackxPatch.

PS: I 'appointed' myself already as volunteer moderator, I thought there was a lot of translation missing, but that was not the case, so I hope that the effort will not be too big.
Hi, Marcel.

OK, I wait for your instructions for the v2 firmware translation. And let's hope that there will be volunteers for other languages, so that the project gets some completeness.

I suppose that you will open a different thread for this. Please let me know.

Paco