Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
rocket54
rocket54 began at the beginning.

Device: eco reader
computer does not recognise my eco reader

i received my new eco reader yesterday and did the 12 hour charge overnight. As i wanted to load some epub drm ebooks that i have purchased i used the supplied usb cable to connect the eco to my computer. unfortunately the computer does not recognise the eco as an external device so i am unable to have adobe de authorise the eco. If anyone has any ideas your help would be greatly appreciated as i am unable to load the books i have purchased. Thank you.
rocket54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Welcome to MR, rocket54.

Are you able to try a different USB port on your computer and/or a different USB cable? What operating system do you have on your computer?

I'm affiliated with DA Direct.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 02:15 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread rocket54

Stupid question, but is the eco switched on ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Not a stupid question, however an ECO Reader will switch itself on and offer to connect, if it isn't already switched on when connected via USB to a computer.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:27 AM   #5
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

canny ...
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 02:38 AM   #6
cbell
Frenetic

Heh, dinky, even. I think rocket might be needing some chocolate and kittens about now.

I'm sending you a PM (Private Message), rocket... see top right of the page, under your username.

Last edited by cbell; 07-17-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:45 AM   #7
anfisco
anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: kindle 3
My ecoreader connects automatically in Windows XP. With Ubuntu, it is not recognised properly, and keeps blinking and reconnecting.

Any further advice would be welcome.
anfisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:53 AM   #8
GeoffC

Welcome anfisco to mobileread ....

wow - two with similar 'problems' !!!

(I don't own an eco, so I'll leave you i cbell's more than capable hands .... )

Hope a solution is close ....
Old 07-17-2010, 03:04 AM   #9
cbell
Frenetic

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Geoff, but I'm not familiar with Ubuntu.

anfisco, did you try using a different USB port on your Ubuntu computer? Is the USB cable clearly inserted fully at both ends?

Edit: anfisco, I sent you a PM, too.

Last edited by cbell; 07-17-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:24 AM   #10
rocket54

the usb port works for other devices. i"m using windows 7
Old 07-17-2010, 03:41 AM   #11
cbell
Frenetic

rocket, it's not about the USB port 'working'.

Are you able to try connecting your ECO Reader to another USB port on your computer?

Last edited by cbell; 07-17-2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:42 AM   #12
GeoffC

Do you have another usb cable you can try ...
Old 07-17-2010, 06:11 AM   #13
rocket54

i"ve tried two other usb ports and a different cable for the same result. thanks for the responses.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #14
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket54 View Post
i"ve tried two other usb ports and a different cable for the same result. thanks for the responses.
if there's no indication on your PC that the eco is connected, what is the eco itself doing ?

What PC operating system are you using, is it one that you can manually force it to recognise "new hardware" ?
Are you using a Virus/Firewall that prevents connections via USB ?
Old 07-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #15
rocket54

my computer is now recognising a device but i"m getting the message "device driver software was not correctly installed". sometimes i get the message "öne of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it". it shows as an "ünknown device". when i check the properties i get the message "windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)". i am at a loss and any help would be appreciated.