Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Lbook Firmware Update 22 June 2010

Lbook has made a new official release of the firmware for all three of the supported Hanlin readers, V3, V3+, and V5.

The English language site is not updated yet, but you can read the Russian language site using a web page translator like Google Translate.

http://www.lbook.ua/ru/downloads/
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
wap502
wap502 began at the beginning.

Device: v3+
My v3+ install 0622 , coolreader can not properly display Chinese text document, also chm document, Some of the coolreader menu bar can not be shown in English, shown?? bebook 2.02NL20100430 firmware is ok. How do I modify the 0622 makes a good support for the Chinese.thanks
wap502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wap502 View Post
My v3+ install 0622 , coolreader can not properly display Chinese text document, also chm document, Some of the coolreader menu bar can not be shown in English, shown?? bebook 2.02NL20100430 firmware is ok. How do I modify the 0622 makes a good support for the Chinese.thanks
As far as I know, Asian languages are not yet fully supported in the Lbook firmware. I may be wrong about that though.

Since Jinke/Hanlin is the Chinese company that actually produces the reading device you can probably get firmware with Chinese support directly from Jinke?

http://www.jinke.com.cn/compagesql/index.asp
Old 08-17-2010, 05:15 AM   #4
neigaard
neigaard began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini 5
The 22 June 2010 lbook firmware does not mount as USB device on my Intel iMac running OS X 10.6.4, but the 19 October 2009 does.

I hope they will fix this
neigaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:09 AM   #5
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neigaard View Post
The 22 June 2010 lbook firmware does not mount as USB device on my Intel iMac running OS X 10.6.4, but the 19 October 2009 does.

I hope they will fix this
The 22 June 2010 firmware is using the new Jinke/Hanlin SDK, while the 19 October 2009 firmware was built with the old Jinke/Hanlin SDK.

As far as I know the problem of not connecting with Mac OSX is pretty well known as far as the new Jinke/Hanlin SDK is concerned. Unfortunately, Lbook or any of the other resellers using the newer firmware cannot do anything about it. Jinke/Hanlin will have to work on that when/if they want to fix the problem in the SDK. FWIW, USB connections with any system other than Mac seem to be working OK.
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 06:59 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Dave_S, I presume you have that firmware running?

Do you use spaces in file names/folder names? If so, does this firmware remember bookmarks if you leave a book (epub, mobi, pdf)? Because that's the only gripe I have with my current Endless Ideas firmware...

(oh, for the V5...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Dave_S, I presume you have that firmware running?

Do you use spaces in file names/folder names? If so, does this firmware remember bookmarks if you leave a book (epub, mobi, pdf)? Because that's the only gripe I have with my current Endless Ideas firmware...

(oh, for the V5...)
I am not sure that I can properly answer your question in full, because I very seldom use bookmarks and I almost exclusively read FB2 format in CoolReader.

Yes, I do use spaces in filenames. I do not use ADE or PDF format at all, so I can not comment on that. Using CoolReader, I do not see any problem with returning to the page that I left when the book was last closed. Since I do not use bookmarks normally, I tried setting a bookmark in an EPUB that was opened in CoolReader and then moving to a different page before closing the book. When I reopened the book I was returned to the page that I left and then I was able to use the bookmark function to go to the bookmarked page.

I hope that helps, at least a little bit?
Just for reference, I tried the bookmark function on my V5.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm reading PDF exclusively (home-grown, naturally!), but I decided to try out myself.

First thing I noticed (not counting the skin, naturally!) is that it is exactly the same as the Endless Ideas July update... So, both have that same problems with spaces and bookmarks...

But I think I'll switch to LBook FW, simply because of that skin
Old 08-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #9
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I'm reading PDF exclusively (home-grown, naturally!)
There are two PDF viewers in the Lbook firmware, XPDF and the default Adobe ADE viewer. A long press on the book selection key will bring up the XPDF viewer via the file open menu item and a short press on the book selection key will bring up the Adobe viewer. Since I do not use PDF I do not know any more than that, but if you can find instructions for bookmarking with XPDF you may give that one a try?
Old 08-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
There are two PDF viewers in the Lbook firmware, XPDF and the default Adobe ADE viewer. A long press on the book selection key will bring up the XPDF viewer via the file open menu item and a short press on the book selection key will bring up the Adobe viewer. Since I do not use PDF I do not know any more than that, but if you can find instructions for bookmarking with XPDF you may give that one a try?
I had found about that XPDF some time ago, but it doesn't show my documents correctly. Or rather, it looks like it's doing some sort of "digital" zoom. So the letters are looking weird.

I've been used to update my source files before opening another book for a year now, I think I can continue doing that...
Old 11-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #11
discusaigon
Connoisseur
discusaigon doesn't litterdiscusaigon doesn't litterdiscusaigon doesn't litter

Device: HX4700 + BEBOOK + HP612c
Hi,

I just installed this firmware.

It cannot read mobi files ?
discusaigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:41 AM   #12
PhRX
PhRX began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
Hi,

I installed this firmware, but I have an issue with zips : I have a lot of zipped .txt files (on the SD), and the reader will open the zip and show the contained files, but when I press the number key for the file, the reader goes back to the previous screen...

I have the same issue with the newer firmware based on the new kernel.

Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue with the firmware ? If so, which firmware should I use to be able to read the zips ? OpenInkpot works, but I get the impression the battery drains too quickly, and it is quite slow in general

Thx !
Philip
PhRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:15 AM   #13
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRX View Post
Hi,

I installed this firmware, but I have an issue with zips : I have a lot of zipped .txt files (on the SD), and the reader will open the zip and show the contained files, but when I press the number key for the file, the reader goes back to the previous screen...
I have the Lbook version with CoolReader 3.0.35, and I do not have any problem with BOOKTITLE.FB2.ZIP files. I have never tried TXT files, but an FB2.ZIP book opens and reads with no problem. Are you naming the book file with BOOKTITLE.TXT.ZIP ? FWIW, I read from the SD card with my 6" V3, and from internal memory on my 5" V5, and both have no problem with reading BOOKTITLE.FB2.ZIP files.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:22 AM   #14
PhRX

No, the file is named BookTitle.zip. The zip opens nicely, and I see the .txt file (or any other files) inside, but when I select that, the view jumps back to the "level above", i.e. I again see the zip file.

I'll try renaming the *.zip to *.txt.zip though, and see what happens.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:29 AM   #15
PhRX

Thanx ! That works - so renaming the *.zip to *.txt.zip is an option.

Does anyone know a better way though?

Because this means a renaming job of 1000+ files, and I'm on windows (although I guess cygwin might help). And it doesn't solve the issue of :

* Other file types in the zips
* Multiple files in the zips

I know OpenInkpot can do this, so maybe there's another good firmware out there which can go into zips ?