Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
mhmohamadi
mhmohamadi began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
after converting to epub, it shows as strange characters?

i have 2 more questions please
there are 2 kinds of arabic books pdfs i have
1- is a pdf with arabic text that are scanned, so the pdf shows the arabic text as images like u said, i.e u cant edit text
2- the other kind of pdf contains the arabic text itself that i can edit the text - however when i convert to epub and put on the ipad it appears as boxes and strange letters
how can i fix that ?
thanks alot
mhmohamadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
For 2) I would expect that you would need to embed the font to be used into the ePub file as it is probably not present on the iPad.

Embedding fonts is currently a manual process - there are a number of threads in the forum that talk about the steps involved.

I believe that automating the process is on the WishList for inclusion into calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert