Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
gvagenas
gvagenas began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Avoid www.ebookreaderdiscounter.com

To all potential ebook reader buyers, avoid www.ebookreaderdiscounter.com.

Their web site states a "FAST and CHEAP" DHL shipment with a huge banner at the front page, the shipping terms state that outside Netherlands they use DHL, but nevertheless I ordered an Onyx Boox 60 from them on May 16, 2010, they charged me for DHL (printed on the invoice) and they used TNT Post (not even TNT Express) to dispatch it.

After a couple of emails back and forth their answer was that "...We have old shipping information on our ebookreaderdiscouter.com web site. Thank you for paying attention on this subject..."

Off course they changed the shipment terms to match their needs, and i expect them to remove the big DHL banner soon, but as for me, i got all their emails and screenshots from them eshop and i will proceed to file a complaint in the appropriate authorities.

The only thing that is left to know is if they are scams or not. That is if i don't receive the reader that means that they are doing fraud.

Hope that someone finds this infrormation useful.

Regards,
George
gvagenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thank you for sharing your experience.

However, please do not double post. Your other post was deleted.

We welcome you to MobileRead and look forward to further contributions. We also have a "Posting Guidelines" at the top of the page that should be helpful.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
gvagenas

Sorry for double posting. I thought that here was more appropriate for this post.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
I don't think anywhere is appropriate for this post, I used them for my purchase and was extremely happy with their service and would recommend them to anyone.

They supplied me with 2 free SD cards and a wall charger as well as being cheaper than the alternative suppliers and cheaper shipping, it came DHL though they never said if it would or not, personally I do not care who carried it.

Instead of throwing a hissy fit on every forum you can find why not pursue the matter with them. I do not know if you want a shipping refund which is going to be insignificant or do you want to cancel your order? In any case this post achieves neither. Why every moron in the world has to start legal threats at the drop of a hat I do not know, modern times I suppose, where supplier / customer relationships are non-existent.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
gvagenas

So weedfreak, excuse me but my idea about them is different than yours. And allow me to have the right to post my opinion.
Also just look in the wiki part of the forum and you will find cheaper retailers.

And what about you, instead of calling people moron, why don't you ask me what I did already with them and what was the result?

Who is the moron?
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Watch the language, please. This will not be tolerated.

Re-read the Posting Guidelines.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:28 AM   #7
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I thought DHL went under...guess not
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #8
FourOhFour
HTTP Error
FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I thought DHL went under...guess not
DHL left the domestic US market. They still offer international shipping to/from the US, along with whatever operations they have in other countries.
FourOhFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Yeah, DHL didn't make it long in the US
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #10
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i can't see using a different shipper as a huge issue.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #11
mbagsh55
Enthusiast
mbagsh55 doesn't littermbagsh55 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700/Zaurus SL-3100
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
Hi BassChick,
I think the issue is that as the original poster said, they were charged the presumable higher cost of DHL express courier delivery, but the order has been sent a standard postal option.

I would be annoyed by this, although probably not enough to warrant posting in this forum unless it seemed intentionally deceptive. I often find international delivery expensive and so limit my purchases from abroad.

~M
mbagsh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #12
FourOhFour
HTTP Error
FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
If I'm reading it correctly, it isn't just a different shipper, it's an entirely different class of service. If I buy something online and it says it ships UPS 2nd day and they ship it USPS Express, I don't much care. If it says UPS 2nd day and they ship it USPS Media Mail, I'm going to be mighty pissed.
FourOhFour is offline   Reply With Quote