Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
Other large screen readers

Does anyone know when the other, Kindle DX-like, e-readers will come out? I have heard that there is a large screen Netronix and a large screen Jinke reader due out this year? Is this official? If yes, does anyone know when?
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Now that PVI have started large-scale production of 9.7" screens, I'd expect to see 9.7" devices from all the major manufacturers this year.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
There will be at least one new one available in March
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Thanks, guys. I read lots of technical books and documents in PDF. My usage requires the larger screen size. I have tried most of the 6" devices and they just won't do. It's good to know there will be many choices this year.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I'm thinking about going for a Kindle DX, but without an sd-card slot I'm not so sure. This feels like a must have with a lot of heavy PDF:s. Can't believe they decided to drop it when Kindle 1 had one. For my part I might as well wait and see what comes out before summer.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See E-book Reader Matrix: Larger Devices for some of the devices we know about. One that isn't there is the Asus DR-950, which is apparently launching in March or early April. It has a 9" SiPix e-paper screen, like the Hanlin A9.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
See E-book Reader Matrix: Larger Devices for some of the devices we know about. One that isn't there is the Asus DR-950, which is apparently launching in March or early April. It has a 9" SiPix e-paper screen, like the Hanlin A9.
Another one I don't see in the matrix is Samsungs e101 with release early 2010.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
zetareticuli
Addict

Will have to keep an eye on all those before I decide which to get...