Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #61
billyad2000
Enthusiast
billyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with others

Device: Cybook Gen3
While I agree that the ammount of books effects the boot time I am not sure why.

If you boot the device without the SD Card (Assuming that that is where your books are), then insert the SD Card after it has booted, it seems to scan the books much faster.
billyad2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:25 AM   #62
Kaero
Kaero began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Fu*k, so my measurements are flawed, because I do not remember how many books I had on my card.
Anyway, Ortep and Barcey already measured The Ultimate Answer, 42, so none other experiments are needed
Kaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #63
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaero View Post
Fu*k, so my measurements are flawed, because I do not remember how many books I had on my card.
Anyway, Ortep and Barcey already measured The Ultimate Answer, 42, so none other experiments are needed
You should have know: The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything......

always nice to spot a HHGTTG fan
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:09 AM   #64
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaero View Post
Those mice did good work!
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #65
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
50% after 148 hours and dead after 158 hours with 538. So with the Cybook in library mode the result is:
  • 538: 148-158 hours
  • 685: 44-45 hours
  • 708: 72-82 hours
I tested with the ePub firmware and got a new table:
  • 538: 148-158 hours
  • 685: 44-45 hours
  • 708: 72-82 hours
  • 2.0-1094: 70-89 hours

All these measurements with the Gen3 constantly on and not used for reading. The latest measurement had 36 hours (80%), 48 hours (80%), 70 hours (60%), 70-89 hours (dead).

So this bug is still not fixed.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #66
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
I noticed a difference in battery depletation depending on wheter I am within a book or in the library, when leaving it on over night a few days.
Could be coincidential, of course.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #67
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
I noticed a difference in battery depletation depending on wheter I am within a book or in the library, when leaving it on over night a few days.
Could be coincidential, of course.
All my measurements were done being in the library.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:23 AM   #68
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
A very nice work, tompe. Your results show that cosumption does not seem to have changed, at least with epub.

I am using 1.5, the prc version, and things do not seem to match up with previous version battery consumption.
Whatever I do (I do try to read, but I can't read for hours every day, I have to work too), it looks like I lose about 10% of the battery per day. With the previous version the battery lasted about 3-4 books, now I wouldn't bet on it.
It could be that the battery is deteriorating, after a year and a half, what with loading it while it is not really dead.

Having seen your results I do not understand what they did to lose more than half of the battery life, from the first version.
I do not know, it almost looks like that every time the device is booted it drains the battery a lot.

Quote:
All my measurements were done being in the library.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:02 AM   #69
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
I do not know, it almost looks like that every time the device is booted it drains the battery a lot.
I hadn't thought about it, but I'm going to try it, because I have the same problem.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:06 AM   #70
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Ok, question : why does that "bug" don't affect my opus, running the exact same firmware ? It hold more that that. Didn't do precise test, but it holds always on about one week / one week and half. Long enough for me to forget about recharging...
That so-called bug sound more like hardware mess...

Last edited by EowynCarter; 02-17-2010 at 03:15 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:28 AM   #71
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Ok, question : why does that "bug" don't affect my opus, running the exact same firmware ? It hold more that that. Didn't do precise test, but it holds always on about one week / one week and half. Long enough for me to forget about recharging...
Personally I do not trust people guesses. Let you opus be on all the time and see how long time it last.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:29 AM   #72
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
Having seen your results I do not understand what they did to lose more than half of the battery life, from the first version.
My guess is that the solution to the bug with missing a button being pressed caused the increased power consumption.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:34 AM   #73
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
HarryT did check it with the Opus on and not used and got 170 hours. Which is very near one week. So obviously something is different with the Opus.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:38 AM   #74
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Personally I do not trust people guesses. Let you opus be on all the time and see how long time it last.
It last at least a week, always on, and reading a few pages... that's not a guess, it's a fact.
That's more than the 3 days and so you seams to have...
Recharging right now, becasue i once again let the battery die. (That is IMHO, the only problem i have with battery, it lasting too long and forgeting to recharge) We'll se how long it last

Last edited by EowynCarter; 02-17-2010 at 05:52 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 AM   #75
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
. (That is IMHO, the only problem i have with battery, it lasting too long and forgeting to recharge) We'll se how long it last
That is exactely my problem.

Always on gives me a week. I realize dat 'booting' the device takes a lot of power. So a shutdown when not reading for 30 minutes is probably counter productive. But I do switch it off when I go to bed and when I'm at work. That gives me 2-3 weeks on a single charge. I'm not interested in a battery life of 4 to 5 weeks. That is not really different. Charging 20 times a year or 10 times a year does not change my life.

The only thing that would be better is charging once a year or even better: Never
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, consumption, energy