Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
_reader
_reader doesn't litter_reader doesn't litter

Device: K3, KPW
Kindle Paperwhite covers

Using Calibre 0.9.3, I re-transferred (via USB) books to a KPW. In cover view, MOBI output books generated a specific book cover; however, PDF output books generated a generic cover.

I have set output device to Kindle Paperwhite.
I tried converting the PDF_Original --> PDF; didn't get specific cover.

Suggestions on how to get PDF covers?

Edit: Also, only getting generic covers for News, even when item has specific cover.

Last edited by _reader; 10-19-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: edit
_reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No idea. And since (AFAIK), the PW doesn't support the Print Replica 'format', not sure there's much we can do about it. Also, I'm not familiar with the PDF format/metadata and how it's handled by Kindles, so that doesn't help .

On the off chance that it's just a quirk of this specific file: do you get a cover in the book details with the exact same file on your K3?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
_reader
_reader doesn't litter_reader doesn't litter

Device: K3, KPW
NiLuJe: Thanks for your input. Answer: The K3 info does not contain covers for any of the pdf's or news items.
_reader is offline   Reply With Quote