Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-17-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
alexct2007
alexct2007 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
"Failed to create Sony Reader File"

I have installed BookDesigner and Updates.When I try to Create a Sony Reader file the program says "Failed to create Sony Reader File". What can I do?
alexct2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are you trying to run BD under Vista? If so, you need to make sure that you've installed the program in a location other than "Program Files".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
alexct2007
alexct2007 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I have installed BD in other directory (C:\bd) but...

I have installed BD in other directory (C:\bd) but appears the message "failed to create Sony reader file"
alexct2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:47 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexct2007 View Post
I have installed BD in other directory (C:\bd) but appears the message "failed to create Sony reader file"
If you are on Vista did you install the Dynamic HTML stuff that Vista lacks?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:10 PM   #5
kilofox
Connoisseur
kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Failed to create Sony Reader File

I am getting the same error. I installed & updated too. I am on XP not vista. I have Word installed as well.
kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #6
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I had this with the 7/30 update. After going back to the 5/30 version all was well. (except for some Vista unique problems with cover art, but that's another story)
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
Failed to create Sony Reader File

I am getting the same error. I installed & updated too. I am on XP not vista. I have Word installed as well.
Do you have full access to Program Files?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #8
kilofox
Connoisseur
kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I had this with the 7/30 update. After going back to the 5/30 version all was well. (except for some Vista unique problems with cover art, but that's another story)
5/30 did the trick!! Thanks!!!
kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

That is really odd. The July update works perfectly well here. I am on XP Pro.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #10
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I might add that I was also using XP when I had the problems with 7/30. I haven't even tried it yet on my Vista machine.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

For Vista users, another idea taken from another thread...

VISTA USERS MUST RIGHT CLICK AND RUN THE INSTALLER WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES.

I don't know if that will work or not, but it cannot hurt to try.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:28 AM   #12
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is really odd. The July update works perfectly well here. I am on XP Pro.

Well, I just downloaded and installed all 3 files (main, main update and 30/5/07 update).

I checked dates of files and saw that main update is newer, but I did too get message that it fails creating lrf. As you can imagine, I was a bit disapointed, but checked 30/5 update. After that, creation process went just fine.

And, program that would leave pictures would be fine. I still haven't tried libprs500, I'm still trying SW as I freshly returned from my vacation.

Anyway, I have XP Pro SP2, if that can help someone.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Well, I just downloaded and installed all 3 files (main, main update and 30/5/07 update).

I checked dates of files and saw that main update is newer, but I did too get message that it fails creating lrf. As you can imagine, I was a bit disapointed, but checked 30/5 update. After that, creation process went just fine.

And, program that would leave pictures would be fine. I still haven't tried libprs500, I'm still trying SW as I freshly returned from my vacation.

Anyway, I have XP Pro SP2, if that can help someone.
You should install the 07/30/2007 update. The 05/30/2007 update has some stability issues and the 07/30/2007 update is very stable and may very well have buggies fixed.