Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #391
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@crazyfrank - the results presented by this plugin show all the book record entries in your library where within each group of entries there are duplicates found. You would never want to delete all the results returned, as then you would lose all of your copies of the book! The plugin can't decide for you which ones to remove, since you might have better metadata like a cover or whatever on one book record versus another one, so that is left up to you to decide.

The one exception to this is when doing a binary duplicate search, which you mention. In this circumstance, provided you check that extra delete binary formats option at the bottom of the plugin options screen, the plugin will make a decision for you and remove all but one copies of each book. Note that you will still be left with duplicate book records in calibre, which the plugin will still show you, and you still have to decide which of those to remove. However you don't have to worry about remembering which format on each book record was the duplicate. If the only format associated with a book was the binary duplicate that the plugin removed using this option, then you can just do a search for formats:false and remove those ones in bulk that way.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #392
crazyfrank
crazyfrank began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Very cool.. thanks for the help and the plug in.
crazyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #393
H2G
H2G began at the beginning.

Device: none
Find metadata variations window

I have one suggestion: the window "Find metadata variations" should not be modal. This would allow the user to select some of the books from a given author to view more details without having to close the window.
H2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:25 AM   #394
Captain Mario
Captain Mario began at the beginning.

Device: moon+ Reader (on HP TouchPad)
New Calibre changes behavior after using Find Duplicates.

Hi, I entered this in the Calibre bugs and was told it is invalid because they do not support third party plug-ins. I've been told to try here:

----------------
In calibre-64bit-0.9.28 on Windows 7 (x64), the "Reset Quick Search" button will no longer reset results from using the "Find Duplicates" plug in. The same results remain in the list. If the button is clicked a second time the list disappears completely and I haven't found a way to restore the list.

I've tried this with searches:

Title Matching 'Identical', Author matching 'Identical'
Title Matching 'Similar', Author matching 'similar'
Title Matching 'Similar', Author matching 'fuzzy'
Title Matching 'ignore', Author matching 'Soundex (8)'

The Find Duplicates search completes successfully each time, but I cannot use the Reset Quick Search to return to the full book list.

Steps to reproduce bug:
1. Click the "Find Duplicates" button on the Main Tool bar
2. Select the "Title/Author" radio button at the top
3. Select one of the searches I listed above - I used "Similar" for the Title Matching and "Fuzzy" for the Author Matching
3a "Show all Groups at once with Highlighting" was selected
3b "Highlight authors in the tag browser for ignore title searches" was also selected
4. Click OK
5. The book list is populated with the duplicate books
6. Click on the "Reset Quick Search" button
6a The list does not change back to the full list of books (this is how it would have worked in previous Calibre versions)
7. Click on the "Reset Quick Search button" again
7a The entire list goes blank and a restart of Calibre seems to be the only way to get the book list back.

Kind Regards,
Mario
----------------

Since entering this bug I've been told that selecting "Virtual Library -> Additional Restrictions -> None" will bring back the complete book list...and that does work. I certainly would prefer to just use the "Reset Quick Search" button if that's possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Mario
Captain Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:44 AM   #395
Captain Mario
Captain Mario began at the beginning.

Device: moon+ Reader (on HP TouchPad)
More info - with URL

I probably should have listed the link where I posted my invalid bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1173245

Kovid Goyal has been very helpful in giving me a workaround and in answering followup questions. I'd like to see the previous behavior restored, but have a feeling that it may be a multi-step process now that the virtual libraries have been implemented.

Thanks,
Mario
Captain Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #396
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mario View Post
I'd like to see the previous behavior restored, but have a feeling that it may be a multi-step process now that the virtual libraries have been implemented.
The virtual library functions have existed for a couple of years it is the next level restrictions that are new. Take a breath and give folks a chance to review the situation.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-27-2013 at 06:34 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:53 AM   #397
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mario View Post
Since entering this bug I've been told that selecting "Virtual Library -> Additional Restrictions -> None" will bring back the complete book list...and that does work. I certainly would prefer to just use the "Reset Quick Search" button if that's possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Mario
The only help I can offer is the its also happening here. And I too would prefer to have the Reset Quick Search button working as it was.

Virtual Library->Additional Restrictions->None does not restore the book list back to my View Manager->Default setting, which is where I was when I initiated the Find Duplicates. So I also have to select View Manager->Default

It's now five actions to do what I was previously able to do by hitting Escape

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #398
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
There are something like six plugins of mine that need updating because of the virtual libraries feature change to calibre. It is a non-trivial amount of work required and I have been waiting to let the new feature settle in first so as to not have to do it all twice. I will get around to working on this at some point in the coming weeks, but as the plugins still "work" in the meantime (if not as perfectly as before) its not top of my free time list at the moment...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #399
Joan M
Did someone say Python?
Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Tablet
If this question is in the wrong place, please move, forgive, ignore

After using this plug-in to run a Find Duplicates search, I suddenly can't figure out how to quit that mode and return to my entire library without closing calibre and restarting. "Clear duplicate results" is greyed out; hitting "Reset Quick Search" just leaves a blank screen with no results; the regular search bar is reset, but the very top bar in my screen says " ||CalibreBooks ::*marked:duplicates ||

I don't recall having this problem before, but I'm stumped. Thanks for what I'm sure is a simple answer.

ETA: Using XP SP3, calibre v. 0.9.29

Last edited by Joan M; 05-05-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #400
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan M View Post
After using this plug-in to run a Find Duplicates search, I suddenly can't figure out how to quit that mode and return to my entire library without closing calibre and restarting. "Clear duplicate results" is greyed out; hitting "Reset Quick Search" just leaves a blank screen with no results; the regular search bar is reset, but the very top bar in my screen says " ||CalibreBooks ::*marked:duplicates ||
In order to clear "marked:duplicates" press the Virtual Library button and select None under Additional restriction, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clearfinddupe.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	105455  
Old 05-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #401
Joan M
Did someone say Python?
Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
In order to clear "marked:duplicates" press the Virtual Library button and select None under Additional restriction, see attached.
When I do that, all the duplicates disappear leaving a blank screen as before with the same result. Is there another step after that?

ETA: Dang! I can't follow instructions. Yes, that worked great. Thanks for the prompt help.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #402
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Great fix +DoctorOhh nice and easy to do.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #403
Joan M
Did someone say Python?

Jeez, count on me to ask a question about something I now see people were talking about just above me. Sorry about that. But at least I wasn't imagining this was acting different than before.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #404
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan M View Post
Jeez, count on me to ask a question about something I now see people were talking about just above me. Sorry about that. But at least I wasn't imagining this was acting different than before.
No apology required. Glad you have the current work around all sorted out.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #405
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
There are something like six plugins of mine that need updating because of the virtual libraries feature change to calibre. It is a non-trivial amount of work required and I have been waiting to let the new feature settle in first so as to not have to do it all twice. I will get around to working on this at some point in the coming weeks, but as the plugins still "work" in the meantime (if not as perfectly as before) its not top of my free time list at the moment...
The problems I was having with this plug-in, after Virtual Libraries were introduced especially when used with View Manager, seem to have 'gone up in smoke' - yet no update of either plugin was 'pushed'.

So I'm assuming the problems went away because of changes to the main calibre code. Otherwise I'll have to start believing in faeries and goblins

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates