Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #61
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I noticed there is a copy function available (long press of a number for a book while in library manager). I tried it but I can't figure out what it does. Can anyone shed light on this feature?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #62
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
It copies the file to internal memory. Very useful for solving the FAQ question "is it faster to read files from internal memory or from SD card?" Try and see for yourself (and then use the same long-press to delete the file once you have discovered that the speed is the same
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #63
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I noticed there is a copy function available (long press of a number for a book while in library manager). I tried it but I can't figure out what it does. Can anyone shed light on this feature?
It copies the file from HD to SD or vice versa.
booknut
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #64
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
It copies the file from HD to SD or vice versa.
booknut
Great, what does it do if the file structure is not the same? Do the same folders need to preexist for it to work?

Dale
Old 11-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #65
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Great, what does it do if the file structure is not the same? Do the same folders need to preexist for it to work?

Dale
I finally figured it out. The folders do not need to preexist but when I did a copy The folder did not appear. What I needed to do was to sort the page to get it to refresh. By the way a folder/directory can be selected and all contents will be copied.

Dale