Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-27-2006, 07:46 AM   #31
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
whats the size of the battery in a zaurus, and how long does it run?
In the SL-5500, it's 950mAh and it lasts for 3 hours, or about 1.5 hours using wifi (socket CF low power wifi card) -- IIRC, as it has been a long time since I last used the SL-5500
in the SL-6000L, it's 1500mAh and it lasts for about 8h, or about 3.5 hours using wifi (integrated)

I use them with wifi, so those are the figures you should trust ;-).

I don't know about the C-series, but they should be similar to the SL-6000.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:54 AM   #32
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Err, I have the SL-5500 and I get a good deal more than 3 hours. 4 at least.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:24 AM   #33
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
In the SL-5500, it's 950mAh and it lasts for 3 hours, or about 1.5 hours using wifi (socket CF low power wifi card) -- IIRC, as it has been a long time since I last used the SL-5500
btw... recharge fully the battery and store it off of the device.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:36 AM   #34
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
The Zaurus C-860 battery's capacity is 1700 mAH. It's 5cm x 3cm x 1cm. Apparently someone managed to run it with screen off, wifi (CF-card) on and headphones plugged into it streaming music for 12 hours. I believe him, because when I am using it, I don't have to care about battery state during the day. But I have to care about the energy state when I am using the iLiad, because you can nearly see the battery drain when you are scribbling...

The Zaurus doesn't have a real power switch, it just suspends and resumes in no time. So actually you nearly never have to boot it. It's nice and I do not know why this shouldn't be possible with the iLiad as well. After all it does have more or less the same ingredients and lacks a thirsty mega bright vga color display...

Last edited by R2D2; 07-27-2006 at 08:41 AM.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:39 AM   #35
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
well, the battery in the iLiad is only 1100 mAh.

I really hope, they get a much better battery life out if it.

Its really a mistake, not to have a replaceable battery.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:43 AM   #36
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2
... and lacks a thirsty mega bright vga color display...
Yep, but it has a mega-EM-bright radar screen.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #37
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by arivero
????????
Old 07-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #38
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
He means the Zaurus used an energy hungry colour LCD with abcklight and the iLiad uses an e-ink screen.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #39
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz
He means the Zaurus used an energy hungry colour LCD with abcklight and the iLiad uses an e-ink screen.
That's what I wrote. So I still do not understand it.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #40
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
I think it meant

Yes, but it has a mega-electromagnetic(radiation)-bright radar screen. I think this is referring to the always-on wireless that the iliad has.
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #41
arivero
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwheel

Yes, but it has a mega-electromagnetic(radiation)-bright radar screen. I think this is referring to the always-on wireless that the iliad has.
Nope. I refer to the wacom. How is that nobody is surprised that the Wacon pen does not need to rechage batteries, nor even touch the screen to work? When I got my NCR 3125 (x386DX pentablet) I was surprised because of that.

(Test the latter: in the drawing program, press the tip of the pen while it is near the screen)
Old 07-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #42
ath
Addict
ath doesn't litterath doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle Paperwhite & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by arivero
How is that nobody is surprised that the Wacon pen does not need to rechage batteries, nor even touch the screen to work?
That sounds like a reasonably good reason for not allowing iLiads to be turned on in an aeroplane ... but as you say, would any owner realise it?

Or am I being paranoid?
ath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:13 PM   #43
arivero
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ath
That sounds like a reasonably good reason for not allowing iLiads to be turned on in an aeroplane ... but as you say, would any owner realise it?

Or am I being paranoid?
Probably. A lot of people have used pen notebooks for years now, and most of them use the wacom.