Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #76
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Yes you are! Brilliant!

Did you also ask them about the Kindlini version (or "Kindle-ish" or the "K to the Indle")
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #77
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Ok just to stir the pot, I emailed Amazon and asked when they would be accepting pre-orders on the new Kindle.

JJ
So going to MR Hell

did you ask for a RED one??
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #78
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe Amazon *did* plant this story.

Amazon Shares Jump Following Kindle Rumor

Quote:
Jul 17, 2008 (financialwire.net via COMTEX) -- AMZN | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating -- July 17, 2008 (FinancialWire) Shares of online retailer Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating) (Current Market Cap: US$30.01 Bil.) rose Wednesday amid a drop in oil prices and rumors that a new version of the company's e-reader device, Kindle, will be released in the fall.

The Seattle-based company's stock rose $5.31, or 8%, to $72.34. Amazon shares have fallen 16.5% since the start of June to close at $67.03 on Tuesday.
Quote:
An Amazon spokesman said the company does not comment on rumors or speculation.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #79
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
All these stories have essentially the same content and none are verified. I would get the Kindle if you are thinking of buying one, because the chances of this vaporware appearing are pretty slim, if you ask me. As Harry said, Carpe diem!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #80
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I think people are taking this too seriously. Me, I'm just laughing at how it's spinning. Maybe if I didn't already have a Kindle, I'd be more freaked out. I'm just having fun with the rumor.

To anyone who is freaked out. Don't be. Just buy it and enjoy it. There's always something bigger and better around the corner and you'll miss the fun you could be having NOW by waiting.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #81
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I think people are taking this too seriously. Me, I'm just laughing at how it's spinning. Maybe if I didn't already have a Kindle, I'd be more freaked out. I'm just having fun with the rumor.

To anyone who is freaked out. Don't be. Just buy it and enjoy it. There's always something bigger and better around the corner and you'll miss the fun you could be having NOW by waiting.
You DID realize I was only kidding about the red one, right? I also think all the rumors are funny. I can't see regretting ever buying the Kindle when I did. I can always get a can of spray paint...........
Old 07-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #82
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You DID realize I was only kidding about the red one, right? I also think all the rumors are funny. I can't see regretting ever buying the Kindle when I did. I can always get a can of spray paint...........
No, I knew that. My post was more of a follow-up to pshrynk's though not directed at him.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #83
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm pretty happy with my Sony 505, but if Amazon can upgrade teh clunky appearance and Interface I might be buying myself a Kindle 2 this Xmas.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #84
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
did you ask for a RED one??
No I am more of a patriot blue kinda guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
All these stories have essentially the same content and none are verified. I would get the Kindle if you are thinking of buying one, because the chances of this vaporware appearing are pretty slim, if you ask me. As Harry said, Carpe diem!
pshrynk So does this mean you will be sending me one for Christmas??

Quote:
No she realizes it DG, She is just determined to give me nightmares!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

Translation just buy the Damn thing! I get it nuff said.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #85
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:

No she realizes it DG, She is just determined to give me nightmares!!

Translation just buy the Damn thing! I get it nuff said.

JJ
You know me so well in such a short time. Freaky!
Old 07-17-2008, 11:52 PM   #86
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
I'm pretty happy with my Sony 505, but if Amazon can upgrade teh clunky appearance and Interface I might be buying myself a Kindle 2 this Xmas.

No, really, we don't want you to be unhappy with our clunky Kindle. You'd be much happier staying with your sony.......
Old 07-17-2008, 11:55 PM   #87
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

[QUOTE=daffy4u;216834]You know me so well in such a short time. Freaky![/QUOTE]

I prefer to think of it as kindled Spirits!, No wait that is just adding kindling to the fire, Oh I did it again, Great to much Kindle on the Brain...

JJ
Damn Duck
Old 07-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #88
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:

I prefer to think of it as kindled Spirits!, No wait that is just adding kindling to the fire, Oh I did it again, Great to much Kindle on the Brain...

JJ
Damn Duck
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oh gee .... mess up my whole world perspective why don't you???

Damn duck!!
I sense a theme.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:01 AM   #89
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
I know you did not let DG hear you call the kindle Clunky, A little advice and I am trying to get a sticky posted, You can not call the Kindle Ugly, Clunky, 80'sish plastic junk, or any variation thereof while posting in the same thread as DG. Nor title any thread, poll, Link, or Question with afore mentioned verbiage. Good luck and enjoy the boards

JJ
We now return to our regularly scheduled forums.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:37 AM   #90
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
As Harry said, Carpe diem!

Yummm, I love French food!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!