Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
kittrellbj
kittrellbj began at the beginning.

Device: none
Talking The Dying Times, a new horror novel - $2.99

Hi, everyone,

My first novel has been out for about two months now, but I just recently found this forum and found that it's okay to tell people about your books here. So, I wanted to let you all know about my book.

This book involved a zombie/undead apocalypse, but it has been described on numerous occassions as "a zombie book that even non-zombie fans can and do enjoy". Give it a chance, you won't be disappointed.

The Dying Times
Book #1 of The Survivor Chronicles: Nadene's Story

The Dying Times: Nadene's Story is the first book of The Survivor Chronicles, a series of survival horror set in a post-apocalyptic world filled with flesh-eating undead zombies. It tells the story from the perspective of a 13-year-old girl who has been thrown from an uncertain world of divorce and dealing with the stresses of a single parent family to a world overtaken by a viral disaster which turns normal people into depraved creatures hellbent on destruction.

When the disaster strikes, Nadene and her mother Pamela are forced to make decisions for their own survival, and they pick up companions along the way who may be able to help, but, in many cases, simply have nowhere else to go and are looking for a way out of the nightmare.

Everyone is forced to make decisions that could lead to their survival or to their deaths at every turn. The only way that they know if they made the right choice is if they survive to see the next sunrise.

The book focuses on character development, fast-paced action, and descriptions that put you on the edge of your comfort zone. I hope that zombie fans will enjoy this brand new edition to the genre, and the first book in a series of survival horror: The Dying Times: Nadene's Story.

Reviewer quotations:

"Do yourself a favor and buy the book. You won't be disappointed."
- Sandra Heptinstall's review, Whispering Winds Book Review & Midwest Book Review

"Unlike Stephen King or even Jack London, "Dying Times" was easier to follow,
and yet at the same time, just as interesting. An excellent read."
- Nickie Hopkins's review, Independent Reviewer

"It is a well-written novel, the characters are well played out, it is a fast paced read, there is not a boring moment in the book, and the ending is just enough to make you want to wait on the next book from the series."
- Greyz Grimalt's review, Clandestine Sanctuary

More reviews can be viewed at the novel's official home page or on the Amazon product pages (US) above.

Thanks
- Brian Kittrell

Note: The print copy price is going down in January, 2011, to $11.99. Just a fair warning, I don't want anyone to feel they've been "cheated" if they see a price drop in January.

Note: There is a giveaway associated with this book, and details for the contest can be seen at the Late Nite Books Contests & Giveaways page.
kittrellbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Whoa whoa whoa... zombies?

*Clicks BUY NOW*

Looking forward to reading it on my Nook!
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #3
kittrellbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChupaLibro View Post
Whoa whoa whoa... zombies?

*Clicks BUY NOW*

Looking forward to reading it on my Nook!
hehe Thanks a bunch. I am still yet to figure out how I get sales from Barnes & Noble Nook (LOL!). I think it is done through Smashwords, but I really can't be sure.

Hope you enjoy it! If you feel up to it, I'd appreciate a review on the B&N page or the Smashwords page, whichever you get it from. Those things are looking a bit paltry these days. (I think Smashwords has 0 reviews :/)
Old 12-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #4
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittrellbj View Post
hehe Thanks a bunch. I am still yet to figure out how I get sales from Barnes & Noble Nook (LOL!). I think it is done through Smashwords, but I really can't be sure.

Hope you enjoy it! If you feel up to it, I'd appreciate a review on the B&N page or the Smashwords page, whichever you get it from. Those things are looking a bit paltry these days. (I think Smashwords has 0 reviews :/)
Trust me, I totally understand from my end as a fellow author. I'm always hoping for reviews as well. I will definitely leave a review once I finish reading the book (it's in my queue right now, even though I bought it; I may not get to it for a bit).
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Sounds great! I love zombie books!
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:40 AM   #6
kittrellbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChupaLibro View Post
Trust me, I totally understand from my end as a fellow author. I'm always hoping for reviews as well. I will definitely leave a review once I finish reading the book (it's in my queue right now, even though I bought it; I may not get to it for a bit).
Oh, it's not easy to get reviews, but I am so thankful for them. Even my recent 3-star review I thanked them mercilessly. I think that this particular reviewer doesn't usually read zombie stuff and is a really tough reviewer in general. I think my 3-star review was getting off easy compared to some of her other reviews. But, I offered her a free copy of the second book to see if I could redeem myself. Even the bad comments help; they make me a better writer by letting me know what I'm doing right and what is not so wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakuzaboss View Post
Sounds great! I love zombie books!
Thanks a bunch. I really hope that you enjoy it.

Also, if people feel neglected, I have this thread marked to send me an email every day if someone replies to it. So, I should get back to you within 24 hours of writing if you have questions or comments.

- Brian
Old 01-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
kittrellbj

I did want to note to everyone that, although most people here will probably be reading the eBook version of the book, the print copy is going down to $11.99 soon (as soon as it filters through the distribution channels).

Thanks! - Brian

Tags
horror, kindle, nook, novels, zombie