Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #31
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Thank you, Bilbo. I just got an email from B&N ("Your order is scheduled to ship.") and they updated the expected shipment date from the day after tomorrow (06-24-2010) to tomorrow (06-23-2010). At the moment it seems as if they will ship it...
Good. Keep us informed and fingers crossed for you.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #32
kconan
kconan began at the beginning.

Device: nonw
Shipping to Spain is also impossible right now, I get this message:

You must reside within the United States to receive this item. We currently do not support international, U.S. territory or APO/FPO billing addresses.
NOOK WiFi
kconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #33
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Okay, I can confirm that what everyone above is saying is true. I tried placing another order to test, and it gives the same message about not being able to ship to Dubai.

This sucks. I was really looking forward to it. I've already been charged to my credit card, and I even got the email that 'confirmed' the shipping date (which is supposedly today), but I'm sure they're going to weasel out of it, now...

B*****ds.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:10 AM   #34
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
Okay, I can confirm that what everyone above is saying is true. I tried placing another order to test, and it gives the same message about not being able to ship to Dubai.

This sucks. I was really looking forward to it. I've already been charged to my credit card, and I even got the email that 'confirmed' the shipping date (which is supposedly today), but I'm sure they're going to weasel out of it, now...

B*****ds.
Well that sucks.
Do you guys use Aramex in Dubai?
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:30 AM   #35
x200
x200 began at the beginning.

Device: none
There has to be some technical problem in B&N's ordering system. I successfully ordered Nook wifi yesterday to Finland using finnish address and credit card. Delivery cost was 12.90$ and now order status says it's shipped.

Last edited by x200; 06-23-2010 at 01:51 AM.
x200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #36
jdrew
jdrew began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi?
I'm in Aussieland and the order i placed on 21/06 has just shipped. Curious, as a test order wasn't accepted.
jdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:34 AM   #37
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@x200/jdrew,
Yeah, I successfully placed the order for the nook Wi-Fi just yesterday, but today if I try it says they won't ship here. It seems likely there was, indeed, a glitch in the system. But the glitch isn't the current situation (i.e. not allowing international shipping). I think the glitch was allowing the order in the first place. That seems likely because B&N didn't allow shipping the nook over here before, either, so it looks like yesterday was the anomaly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Well that sucks.
Do you guys use Aramex in Dubai?
Yeah, we do. I'm guessing you're referring to Aramex Shop&Ship? If B&N cancel my order as I suspect, then I guess I'll consider them. I was hoping this would work, though, since going through Aramex will increase the cost.

They charge $35 just to sign up for a S&S account, and then you have to pay shipping as well, so overall it'll end up costing me something like $60-$70 (if not more) to get it over here...
Old 06-23-2010, 02:40 AM   #38
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:

Yeah, we do. I'm guessing you're referring to Aramex Shop&Ship? If B&N cancel my order as I suspect, then I guess I'll consider them. I was hoping this would work, though, since going through Aramex will increase the cost.

They charge $35 just to sign up for a S&S account, and then you have to pay shipping as well, so overall it'll end up costing me something like $60-$70 (if not more) to get it over here...
I use them all the time from Riyadh. Yup, the singup fee is a bit steep if you are going to use them only once. In the long run however it's not too bad. They seem to be pretty reliable.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:50 AM   #39
afa
The Forgotten

Yeah, that's what I've been wondering. It's definitely worth it if you order things from US on a somewhat frequent basis, but not so much if it's a one-time thing.

Have you ordered your readers through them? If so, can you tell me how much the actual shipping cost was (assuming the package weight was sort of similar)? I'm guessing shipping cost from US-Saudi vs. US-UAE should be virtually the same.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:03 AM   #40
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I've been wondering. It's definitely worth it if you order things from US on a somewhat frequent basis, but not so much if it's a one-time thing.

Have you ordered your readers through them? If so, can you tell me how much the actual shipping cost was (assuming the package weight was sort of similar)? I'm guessing shipping cost from US-Saudi vs. US-UAE should be virtually the same.

I actually ordered my PRS-900 direct through B&H Photo Video. I couldn't wait for Aramex and the USD60 for UPS priority international seemed like a good deal at the time. If I was going through Aramex though, I guess I would have paid an extra SAR100 or so on the top of domestic shipping charges.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:08 AM   #41
werdnawee
werdnawee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
Hi,

Aussie here.

I was looking at the Nook (3G and WiFi) two days ago but couldn't order at the B&N website with international delivery.

Then after the WiFi only version was announced, I tried to order that one and it allowed me to.

Status is "Not yet shipped" but ready to ship in 24 hours.

Anyway, think I will get it?

If it's a glitch, maybe it's more about timing than not shipping internationally??
So B&N are doing website testing etc to prepare for international shipping and a few of us were able to sneak in yesterday??

What do you think?

And if that is the case, hopefully they will honour the keen/eager people that did sneak in for international delivery.....PLEASE!!!!
werdnawee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:13 AM   #42
werdnawee
werdnawee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
I just tried again and got this message -

In compliance with shipping regulations, some item(s) in your order cannot be sent to South Perth in Australia.
Please provide another address below or edit your cart to remove the following item(s):
NOOK WiFi

Oh man!!!! I'm disappointed and worried.

Keep the money, send me my NOOK!!!!!
werdnawee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #43
afa
The Forgotten

I'm getting basically the same message. My shipping date is stated to be 23-June (i.e. today) but as of now, the status still says, "Not yet shipped".

The nook 3G is definitely not available, and hasn't been since it launched last year. I guess that makes sense; since the '3G' part and all the goodies you get with it (reading in-store, instant purchase, etc.) are US-only, it doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to sell it outside. That's why I thought the Wi-Fi might have been available, since there's no question of whether or not the 3G will work.

The only reason I can think of for why the Wi-Fi might not be international, is because the B&N ebook store is US-only, which means they know that customers will be using some store other than their own for their books. Of course, that would be a stupid approach; by not selling the reader internationally, they're ensuring that consumers are going to someone else for an e-reader, so it's not like B&N's benefiting.

So - to sum up, I have no clue what the hell is going on.

Last edited by afa; 06-23-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:48 AM   #44
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
"Your order has been shipped"

One hour ago i got a shipment confirmation email! Seems as if they would really ship the two ordered Nook Wifi to me - to Germany.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 AM   #45
afa
The Forgotten

Lucky you... my status still says, "Not Yet Shipped", even though the expected shipping date is still claiming June 23, i.e. yesterday.

Can you tell me what your expected shipping date was when you ordered? Was it also June 23?