Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
Why is my screen flashing at random intervals?

I've had my Nook wi-fi for a couple of days now. I don't have a cover for it, so it is just sitting on my desk. I read on it last night, and when I finished my book I turned it off and set it down there.

Anyway, it's been sitting, turned off and untouched, with the same picture of Gertrude Stein, all morning while I sit here working on my PC. Periodically, something happens on the screen. My eye is drawn by the motion, but I can't catch what it is doing - it's always redrawing Gertrude Stein by the time I look over at it. It's done it three or four times in the last hour.

What is happening there? Any idea?

Thanks!
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizilla View Post
I've had my Nook wi-fi for a couple of days now. I don't have a cover for it, so it is just sitting on my desk. I read on it last night, and when I finished my book I turned it off and set it down there.

Anyway, it's been sitting, turned off and untouched, with the same picture of Gertrude Stein, all morning while I sit here working on my PC. Periodically, something happens on the screen. My eye is drawn by the motion, but I can't catch what it is doing - it's always redrawing Gertrude Stein by the time I look over at it. It's done it three or four times in the last hour.

What is happening there? Any idea?

Thanks!
Although you said "I turned it off", I assume you simply put it to sleep by a short press on the power button. To turn it off you need to hold the power button for a couple of seconds, until the screen goes blank.

Anyway, if you have WiFi on, it could be synchronizing some stuff on the background, you could turn WiFi off and see if that helps. I know the nook wakes up periodically when in suspend, but not as often as you describe.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert