Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-05-2020, 06:43 AM   #16
jguneysu
kitaphanımı
jguneysu began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 2nd Generation
Ah, I guess it makes sense that the column type cannot be changed once there is data in it.. dah I guess that explains why sometimes when I copy a book to another library, it carries the Note values, but, other times it does not.

I guess I knew my last resort was to create a new field and move the data, but, I'm thinking it will be pretty cumbersome.. As far as the Bulk Edit suggestion.. that's the other issue I originally mentioned. It does not allow Bulk Edit operations for the column I want to copy If you choose the data in the column and then bulk edit metadata, the screen that comes up for custom fields is completely empty.. maybe it depends on the column type..??

Thanks for all your help!!
jguneysu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:47 AM   #17
jguneysu
kitaphanımı

Sorting Problem Fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguneysu View Post
I created a custom column called "notes". When I sort the column, it is not showing things in alphabetic order. I use the field to indicate many things including where the book is loaded. So, for example, the sort will show the comments NOOK/NOTE/TAB in a group, then other comments starting with just about any other letter, then another group off NOOK/NOTE/TAB. I even looked at the HTML in the field and there is nothing different.. What am I doing wrong?

I'm on Calibre 4.13
-->I finally figured out how to get my column to sort properly, although the description of the option does not really explain why it works for my data..

Go to Tweaks in Preferences
Recognizing numbers inside text when sorting:
value should be: numeric_collation = True

Although, I did not have numbers in my Notes data, it fixed the sort order, so, this option must affect the general sort algorithm.
Advert
Old 04-05-2020, 07:19 AM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I would regard that as a bug, it makes no sense.

But if it's fixed your problem I guess it doesn't have to I wouldn't bank on it always working.

What on earth prompted you to even try it?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #19
jguneysu
kitaphanımı

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I would regard that as a bug, it makes no sense.

But if it's fixed your problem I guess it doesn't have to I wouldn't bank on it always working.

What on earth prompted you to even try it?

BR
BetterRed.. it was the only tweak that seemed to affect sorting.. I've tried just about everything at this point! LOL

Really appreciate your help!