Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
kintrupf
kintrupf began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem eReader Pro (Boyue T62)
Question Dropbox support for imcoV6L ebook reader (with ancient Android 2.3.1)

Hi,

I have an imcoV6L eBook reader which is based on the ancient Android 2.3.1.

It is, however, able to run the latest version of CC (as of now 4.1.6). I have purchased CC on my phone and installed it manually on the device with the help of Titanium Backup, because no Google Play Store is available on the device.

The WiFi connection of the device is somewhat shaky, but connecting to Calibre and synching my library more or less works.
There are some issues with "white on white" in some dialogs, but up until now I could always work my way through.

Since my library was stored in my DropBox from the very beginning I was very exited about the new cloud feature. Cloud connection works very fine on my phone and on my tablet, but the settings for "Cloud Connection" do NOT show up on the imcoV6L, so I can't connect to the cloud.
Is there something missing? The imcoV6L comes with a pre-installed DropBox-client which is working fairly well.
I did not yet try to upgrade the DropBox client.
kintrupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
CC cloud connection works only on Android 4 or later. It uses features of Android that don't exist in previous versions of Android.

I should note that CC Gingerbread and Honeycomb support will stop at some point probably not too far in the future. It is becoming almost impossible to keep new versions of CC working both on these older devices and on the newer Android versions
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
kintrupf
kintrupf began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem eReader Pro (Boyue T62)
Ahh, I was afraid it would be something like this

Well, I keep using the wireless connection and will store a backup of each working apk, so that I can still use CC on my imcoV6L when older Androids are no longer supported
kintrupf is offline   Reply With Quote