Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2019, 03:11 PM   #1
javad
javad began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DXG
Kindle DXG needs repair

I font hacked my kindle dxg just recently, and now it doesn't load, it reads" font check error" on the top left side of the screen. then it goes ON and OFF for many times and ends up in" your kindle needs repair.

I wonder if there is anyone who could help me fix the problem. I do need my kindle and i am realy desperate.
javad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:21 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Take it back to Factory.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #3
javad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Take it back to Factory.
well, I can't, since i talked to Amazon and they told me the guarantee time is over , and secondly i live in Iran, where it is is almost impossible to send it back due to limitations,

I know there are people out there who could fix the problem using Serial Console or other methods, Hope i could find one.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
SETTINGS> FACTORY RESET!!!! You do it on the Device.... you don't mail it any where!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:49 PM   #5
javad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
SETTINGS> FACTORY RESET!!!! You do it on the Device.... you don't mail it any where!
No way!! it doesn't load. frozen on status bar screen, then restarting again, going blank and the cycle goes on...
Advert
Old 03-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #6
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by javad View Post
No way!! it doesn't load. frozen on status bar screen, then restarting again, going blank and the cycle goes on...
Create the file DO_FACTORY_RESTORE (no file extension, no content) on the usb drive. Reboot.

If you are in a loop and the USB drive is only there for a short time you need to be quick.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:56 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Plug it in, hard reboot, kill the font hack in the short time the device allows you to mount it over USB.

If it doesn't, and you don't have ssh enabled at boot, you're screwed, as I don't think we have any way of recovering a dxg (double-check Kubrick, but I vaguely remember it explicitly not supporting the dx family).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #8
javad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Create the file DO_FACTORY_RESTORE (no file extension, no content) on the usb drive. Reboot.

If you are in a loop and the USB drive is only there for a short time you need to be quick.

Dave
I just did it. Nothing sadly. the loop goes on and on.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #9
javad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Plug it in, hard reboot, kill the font hack in the short time the device allows you to mount it over USB.

If it doesn't, and you don't have ssh enabled at boot, you're screwed, as I don't think we have any way of recovering a dxg (double-check Kubrick, but I vaguely remember it explicitly not supporting the dx family).
How could i possibly access my kindle root in USB mode? since when it is in Recovery Mode, it acts as a USB, but an Empty one.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:13 PM   #10
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Sounds like your only option at this point is to open it up and go serial port. Make sure you have the right equipment, as you can burn things out at the usual voltage. Kindle serial ports expect 1.8v, not 3 or 5 as most do. Contacts are also small and delicate, so be careful.

Look for some of the threads on serial port jailbreaking. I don't think any are directly your problem, but they will give you the general approach.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:19 PM   #11
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Sounds like your only option at this point is to open it up and go serial port. Make sure you have the right equipment, as you can burn things out at the usual voltage. Kindle serial ports expect 1.8v, not 3 or 5 as most do. Contacts are also small and delicate, so be careful.

Look for some of the threads on serial port jailbreaking. I don't think any are directly your problem, but they will give you the general approach.

Dave
If this is a DX (or DXG), then it is a bit simpler.
There is a cover over where the serial port connections are, and they are HUGH compared to K4 and more recent.

Use our "Master Index" to look up the serial port connections.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote