Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 07:53 AM   #1
montechristos
Enthusiast
montechristos began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 2 (from Kindle Voyage)
Amazon Kindle: Maximum documents in account reached

Hi all,

I have a Kindle Voyage, which I have been using mostly for sending articles I want to read later. I am using 'send to Kindle' from my browser.

For some time now, I noticed that the articles I send, dissapear in space. I.e. they never reach my kindle.

After some research I saw that in my Amazon Kindle Library, I have reached a limit of 1199 documents. I haven't found a way to increase this number.

I do not want to delete my articles that I have been gathering for years in my KV. I use it as a library of documents.

What can I do so that I can send more articles, but yet, not lose the ones I have?

I am even considering getting another e-reader, from another supplier that doesn't have this limitation.

Thanks!
montechristos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's odd - there are people here who have considerably more personal docs than that. Have you asked Amazon about the issues you're experiencing?

No other reader comes with "free" Cloud storage, to the best of my knowledge, so I'm not sure how switching to another make would help you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2019, 08:40 AM   #3
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No other reader comes with "free" Cloud storage, to the best of my knowledge, so I'm not sure how switching to another make would help you.
Not as such. But Kobo ereaders have Pocket integration and you can open a free account. I'm not sure what, if any, limits there are on the free account. I just tried and failed to find anything mentioned on the website.

I do use Pocket quite a bit but I tend to delete the articles once I've read them. I don't think I've ever had more than about 30 at one time.

But that's all FYI, I wouldn't switch ereaders for this reason (I have both Kindles and Kobos anyway). If I was in the OP's position I'd think about creating my own library in Calibre.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:42 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
If I was in the OP's position I'd think about creating my own library in Calibre.
Definitely. Never rely on anyone else to keep stuff safe for you!
Old 01-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Amazon probably have a size limit of X gb for free document storage. And you are hitting the total size limitation rather than a document count. Do you have some large ones?

Amazon have changed the rules so often I have lost track! But at one time documents used up part of the 5gb free in Amazon drive., 10gb for prime. Then they were moved to their own storage ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2019, 10:15 AM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
There is a disclaimer now on the Help page for Personal Documents:

Important: We may limit the number of documents you send or store through Kindle Personal Documents Service. Visit Kindle Personal Documents Distributor Terms of Use for more information.

I don't recall seeing that before.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:39 AM   #7
montechristos
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post

Important: We may limit the number of documents you send or store through Kindle Personal Documents Service. Visit Kindle Personal Documents Distributor Terms of Use for more information.

Yes, that's exactly what I am talking about.

As for large document, no I don't have any big ones that would explain that.

I was considering another brand, so I can use pocket as mentioned.

Maybe I will back-up my kindle files, delete everything from my library and continue like this... Ugly though
Old 01-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #8
montechristos
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
If I was in the OP's position I'd think about creating my own library in Calibre.
If I found a way to send documents to my kindle, without Amazon knowing which documents I read, that's an even better approach!

Can you please explain further? Sounds like an interesting solution.
Would it allow me to send documents from my devices to it? Would it synchronize with my Kindle automatically?
(I am starting to read about calibre)
Old 01-10-2019, 10:59 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post

That's always been there, but I don't recall hearing before of someone actually being limited.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by montechristos View Post
If I found a way to send documents to my kindle, without Amazon knowing which documents I read, that's an even better approach!
You can of course just copy them via USB, although then they're just stored locally on the Kindle, rather than in the Cloud.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #11
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
You can use the Send to Kindle email address without having that document saved to your account.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:01 PM   #12
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I am talking about.

As for large document, no I don't have any big ones that would explain that.

I was considering another brand, so I can use pocket as mentioned.

Maybe I will back-up my kindle files, delete everything from my library and continue like this... Ugly though
Do a few a day. I do piddly work like this while waiting on hold. Gives me something productive to do besides doodling.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:09 PM   #13
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:

Can you please explain further? Sounds like an interesting solution.
Would it allow me to send documents from my devices to it? Would it synchronize with my Kindle automatically?
(I am starting to read about calibre)
Well the details depend on exactly what you want to do. There are several ways you could set it up.

Personally, I would copy the existing documents from the Voyage on to your PC and import into Calibre. I would then treat that as the definitive store of those documents. Which first means making sure it's backed up.

Calibre will allow you to send your documents to your Kindle devices either via USB or via the email address associated with the device. You can also start the built-in Content Server which makes your library appear as a web page. Personally I use something called COPS which does a similar thing but on a copy of the library (one of my backups).

Again personally I don't want all my ebooks on my device all the time, but I like to know I could download any one of them to any device if I needed to and this set up gives me that.

I do also use the Reading List plugin on Calibre and that has the ability to sync the list onto a device, so that as soon as you plug in your device it checks and adds any new items. How it would work with such a large list I'm not sure. Again I'm happy to maintain a list that's a subset of the whole library but then I can easily sync that list to any/all of my devices.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:55 AM   #14
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
That's really interesting, I've never heard of someone being limited to a number of personal docs before, either. I'm at around 700-800 personal docs now. I'm obsessed with having my entire library on the Kindle. Just curious how big your files are? Mine are just mobis so very small.
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:14 AM   #15
montechristos
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by challe232 View Post
That's really interesting, I've never heard of someone being limited to a number of personal docs before, either. I'm at around 700-800 personal docs now. I'm obsessed with having my entire library on the Kindle. Just curious how big your files are? Mine are just mobis so very small.
Am I the first to reach the limit? Let me know what happens when you reach 1199 documents.

As for the size, they are all small, i.e. a couple of MBs, so nothing special there.

The suggestion to not synchronize with the library is interesting! I am going to test and report if it finally worked. Otherwise, I will explore the calibre approach.

Thanks to all for your help!

Tags
document, limit, voyage