Notices

Old 02-20-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
crackhammer
Enthusiast
crackhammer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook touch, iPad, Xoom
Kindle books to Moon Reader Pro

Hello folks,

I buy Kindle books but don't have a Kindle. I read it through Kindle App on a tablet. Kindle app isn't as full fledged as Moon Reader Pro. Any idea how to import Kindle books from Kindle app to Moon Reader pro?

Thanks in advance.
crackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:44 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
In order to do that you have to remove the DRM from the Kindle books. There's a free program called Calibre that, using a certain plugin can convert these books so they'll work fine in Moon+ reader.

However, giving detailed instructions on how to do that is illegal and probably against the policy of this forum so I suggest you use Google to get more information.

I will say that the process is simple and fast and easy. I buy all my books from Amazon and lately I've been reading them in Moon+ on my phone.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2016, 10:33 AM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Google apprentice alf.
Oh and you will have to convert all Amazon books, not just those with DRM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:51 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
In order to do that you have to remove the DRM from the Kindle books. There's a free program called Calibre that, using a certain plugin can convert these books so they'll work fine in Moon+ reader.

However, giving detailed instructions on how to do that is illegal and probably against the policy of this forum so I suggest you use Google to get more information.

I will say that the process is simple and fast and easy. I buy all my books from Amazon and lately I've been reading them in Moon+ on my phone.

Barry
Please stop spreading misinformation.

DeDRM tools are arguably legal under the Fair Use provision. It just hasn't been tested for good or ill in the court system.

This forum permits linking to Appprentice Alf's website at https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com (THE canonical source of all things DeDRM, @crackhammer please visit there for more details), but does not permit detailed HowTos or direct download links to be posted here.
Not because "it is illegal" (if it were that clear-cut, telling you to google it would be illegal too and get you banned).
But because MobileRead chooses not host such content and become liable to appear in that court case, if and when it ever happens. Going to court over it is an expensive, time-consuming hassle, even if you are in the right.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:56 AM   #5
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wasn't trying to spread disinformation. I was trying to be helpful.

As I understand it the DMCA provides criminal penalties for breaking encryption, which is what that plugin does, and for telling others how to break encryption. If that's true, and I've read that it is true, then my information is correct. If it's not true then I apologize for my mistake.

If it's true but hasn't yet been decided in a court case then it's still true and what I said isn't disinformation.

In any case I was trying to be helpful and not trying to cause problems. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not all that sure what your rules are. My mode in forums is and always has been to follow the rules if I know what they are but not to worry about it too much. I try to behave responsibly and if that isn't enough, that's life.

That's gotten me into trouble a time or two but I can live with that. I've been participating in forums since the early days of Compuserve and there have been a lot of forums and behaving in the way I think I should behave has helped me get along in the vast majority of them. Of course there are always some where that doesn't work. I enjoy this forum so I sure hope this isn't one of those.

Barry
Advert
Old 02-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

As I understand it the DMCA provides criminal penalties for breaking encryption, which is what that plugin does, and for telling others how to break encryption. If that's true, and I've read that it is true, then my information is correct. If it's not true then I apologize for my mistake.

If it's true but hasn't yet been decided in a court case then it's still true and what I said isn't disinformation.

In any case I was trying to be helpful and not trying to cause problems. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not all that sure what your rules are. My mode in forums is and always has been to follow the rules if I know what they are but not to worry about it too much. I try to behave responsibly and if that isn't enough, that's life.

That's gotten me into trouble a time or two but I can live with that. I've been participating in forums since the early days of Compuserve and there have been a lot of forums and behaving in the way I think I should behave has helped me get along in the vast majority of them. Of course there are always some where that doesn't work. I enjoy this forum so I sure hope this isn't one of those.

Barry
The DMCA is primarily used to keep people from making a profit off of others work.
Yes, messing with a file for profit is probably illegal but if you own the file, you can pretty much do what you want with it for personal use ONLY.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:34 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:

Barry
If, as you say, encouraging people to DeDRM is illegal with criminal penalties (aiding and abetting), then why did you do it?

Answer: Because it isn't illegal at all.

Let me repeat -- it isn't illegal in the slightest.

Fair Use allows me to DeDRM all my books, no questions asked.

And discussing it in court, because there is no preexisting court ruling to point to and confirm (for the sake of idiot Big Media and their giggling lawyers) that it is a waste of time to bring me to court... is still a waste of time, even if I eventually win.

That^^ is the one and only reason anyone here avoids posting a diagram of the process.

If you were really trying to be helpful, you would say it in a way that doesn't imply "you can DeDRM your books if you don't mind a SWAT team knocking down your doors and dragging you off to jail".

Aggressively encouraging the mindset that DeDRM is fundamentally evil and wrong, is a behavior I personally cannot condone.

All I ask is that you tone down your drama levels. Is that really too much to ask?

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-22-2016 at 02:37 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:48 PM   #8
barryem
Wizard

If my drama level gets as high as yours you have my promise I'll tone it down.

Barry