Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #16
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab s , fire HDX 8.9, fire hd 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlend View Post
Thanks, guys! I think I found that the Fire is more or less a regular tablet, right? I forgot to specify, but I'm primarily interested in a device with an e-ink screen. I read a lot before going to bed, and I think those screens are nicer to my eyes.

However, if I don't find any good options with an e-ink screen, I'll keep the Fire and Nexus 7 in mind!

Great! Let me know if it works!
It is more or less a regular tablet after you add Google services and play store. Out of the box it's pretty rubbish because Amazon store apps are not great. Except for good quality prime video playback and a decent Kindle book reader

I was never able to get gmail to work though. . Chrome, Google drive , YouTube work ok
I have to use the Amazon email app for my Gmail accounts, which is ok.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:21 PM   #17
maximus83
Addict
maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, PW4, Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlend View Post
Thanks, guys! I think I found that the Fire is more or less a regular tablet, right? I forgot to specify, but I'm primarily interested in a device with an e-ink screen. I read a lot before going to bed, and I think those screens are nicer to my eyes.

However, if I don't find any good options with an e-ink screen, I'll keep the Fire and Nexus 7 in mind!

Great! Let me know if it works!
Ah, if you are wanting an e-ink device that runs Android, there are a few of those available now. One thing to note: all of these have in common that they run an outdated version (Android 6) that is no longer being patched for security issues. If that does not concern you, then these devices might be an option.

Boyue Likebook Mars
Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Onyx Boox (a variety of ereader devices, recently released Nova Pro)

You can find info about all these at their respective websites or here in the forums from current folks using them.
maximus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:44 PM   #18
Erlend
Erlend began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone, Icarus eReader
Thank you very much, I'll have a look at those!
Erlend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #19
elchamaco
Connoisseur
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
I use onyx boox nova with android 6. It woks much better than likebook plus and remarked like icarus. I suppose that likebook mars with similar specs would do a great work too.

pocketbook works with linux, i think there is no moon+ port to pocketbook.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote