Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-11-2018, 01:12 PM   #1
walterbyrd
walterbyrd began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
How do I click on a desktop link and have calibre open book?

I am running gentoo linux.

There is a book that I am reading frequently.

I want to able to create a link to that book on my desktop, click the link, and have the book open.

I don't want to go through the multi-step process of start -> office -> calibre -> choose book -> view.

I have a link to the book on my desktop, but when I click on it, calibre starts, and I get: "Books with the same title already exist in calibre. Select which books you want added."

I don't want to add the book, I want to open it.
walterbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterbyrd View Post
I am running gentoo linux.

There is a book that I am reading frequently.

I want to able to create a link to that book on my desktop, click the link, and have the book open.

I don't want to go through the multi-step process of start -> office -> calibre -> choose book -> view.

I have a link to the book on my desktop, but when I click on it, calibre starts, and I get: "Books with the same title already exist in calibre. Select which books you want added."

I don't want to add the book, I want to open it.
Set the filetype 'open with' handler to ebook-viewer.exe
You want to VIEW
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert