Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Showing games on 4.3.8842 firmware

Is there any way to show games on the new Kobo firmware?

I have tried creating an image and setting the mimetype to application/x-games-Boggle, but it crashes.

I have tried adding tiles the same way as on the old home screen, but nothing changes.

Is there any other things I could try?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:42 AM   #2
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
EDIT: I guess you're asking about new firmware *with* new home screen; I thought you meant the new firmware in general just based on the the thread title. Anyways, the info below is still valid for anyone using the old home screen or older versions of the firmware.

You can use the Kobo Utilities plugin in Calibre to display the game tiles on the (old) home screen (not sure if it works on the new home screen):

KoboUtilities -> Display Extras tiles on home screen

and then select the game tiles that you want to appear.

It works on 4.3.8842 on my Glo HD with the exception of Chess.

Although I keep seeing references to "rushhour" and I don't know what that is. Is it a new game??

Last edited by rtiangha; 02-26-2017 at 04:28 AM.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2017, 04:36 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
You can use the Kobo Utilities plugin in Calibre to display the game tiles on the (old) home screen (not sure if it works on the new home screen), which I believe makes modifications to the database in order to make them appear (but I could be wrong about that):

KoboUtilities -> Display Extras tiles on home screen

and then select the game tiles that you want to appear.
The new home screen work differently to the tiled home screen. It doesn't display the games or the equivalent of the other tiles.
Quote:
It works on 4.3.8842 on my Glo HD with the exception of Chess.

Although I keep seeing references to "rushhour" and I don't know what that is. Is it a new game??
"rushour" is the key used in the database for the game "Unblock It".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #4
m-p{3}
m-p{3} began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Is there any ways to make them show up somehow on the new home screen? I kinda miss those
m-p{3} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:39 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
No, there isn't.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert