Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #16
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid View Post
I didn't mind the Touch page turn, but the Glo is superior. I don't know if there's much of an improvement to the screen/touch technology itself, maybe it's just the extra CPU power. It is sensitive without being *too* sensitive.
Is that comparing 2.1.4 on both?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #17
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
I have had almost no double page turns on the Glo, and I think the only ones I have had were actual double taps on my part.

Didn't get around to updating the touch to 2.1.4 till yesterday, and have lent it out so can't speak to that, but I got two or three double turns per book with it under 1.9.6(?)
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #18
judyz
Enthusiast
judyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watchjudyz is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-950
I don't have the menu open at the time when it happens. I find this somewhat common. Every few pages. I am going to make sure the next book I read is an official Kobo book just to see if that makes a difference. If it isn't happening to everyone I suspect it could be an issue related to how my sideloads are formated.
judyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #19
datalossfs
Ebook Addict
datalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glow
I've not had this problem at all and also found the screen very responsive (no hangs). That said I've not tried any sideloaded books at the moment.
datalossfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
HelenJS22
HelenJS22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, I'm reading this thread and wondering if anyone here can tell/show me how the pages turn - or the options for doing so - work on the Kobo Glo. I want to buy one for an elderly relative who sees the advantage of an E Reader for her (very light weight and large print) but still wants to 'see the pages turn'. I've sat through several u tube reviews; quite long ones, and still not been shown the page turning options. I'd really appreciated it if anyone can help me out here.
HelenJS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #21
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
check this out, it's the touch, but will be very similar ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMWxYpiFzLs about :30 to :40 it shows both the taps to make the pages turn, and what the display looks like.

(haven't watched further than that, so there may be more useful info or not).
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is no animation of page turns; basically as you either swipe or touch the screen, the page changes; characters disappear and are replaced.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #23
HelenJS22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
check this out, it's the touch, but will be very similar ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMWxYpiFzLs about :30 to :40 it shows both the taps to make the pages turn, and what the display looks like.

(haven't watched further than that, so there may be more useful info or not).
Thank you, much appreciated.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #24
HelenJS22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There is no animation of page turns; basically as you either swipe or touch the screen, the page changes; characters disappear and are replaced.
Thank you, I had a feeling that might be the case. I had read that it used 'simple turn' page effect, which could be ok, but I think I've read and watched so much now I don't know where I'm at any more Just trying to find a good e reader with a page turning option to look as if she is turning pages.

Thanks for replying to me, I appreciate it
Old 10-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #25
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
The only way you'll find one with page turn animations is with a full-fledged, and far more complex than a dedicated ereader (in most cases), tablet - which are also quite a bit heavier (3/4ths to a full pound, for 7" ones, depending on the make).

EDIT: And you'd probably be better off asking down in the Which One Should I Buy? forum...

Last edited by JD Gumby; 10-28-2012 at 10:33 PM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #26
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
With Kobo touch you can tap or swipe to turn page.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #27
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I was going to start a thread on this issue.

I'm getting very annoying double page turns on Touch 2.1.5.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #28
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I was going to start a thread on this issue.

I'm getting very annoying double page turns on Touch 2.1.5.
It's happened a few times to me. I think it was because it was slow to turn the page to a new chapter and I touched again - so it turns 2 pages .
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #29
fedcod
fedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Pocketbook 623
The double page turns happens from times to times. I have a Kobo Glo, it happened with firmware 2.1.4 and 2.1.5.
I only read epub books on sd card.
fedcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #30
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
My double page turns are on the internal drive, not the SD.

I sometimes get the tap-nothing-tap-double page turn happening.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote