Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
magikmama78
Reading lots!!
magikmama78 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Problem with freezing after loading ePubs

I tried loading on 11 books on to my kobo using Calibre. After ejecting the device it went to the processing screen and just stopped about 15% done. I reset it and none o fhe books where on my device. It started freezeing everytime I charge it, so I reset to factory settings and it is still freezing. I'm not PC whiz so can anyone help me with the with out me needing a degree to understand what your saying? Thanks!!
magikmama78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
It sometimes seems to hang a bit, but sometimes you just have to wait it out. With the Orginal Kobo 1.8 firmware I was able to but over 100 books in 1 shot (it took maybe 15 minutes to process).

I did have this problem in the past, but maybe it has changed with the update. Just make sure you have the latest update. Also just put less book at a time if it really is hanging.

If you find out that 1 book in particular seems to make your reader hang maybe there is something wrong with the book, and sometimes just reconverting the epub with calibre could sort your problem.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I am waiting to use Calibre until Tim Legge has worked on the new driver. He got his Touch on Monday, Kovid issued a temporary kind of thing to get the Touch recognized last Friday, and I am expecting that Tim is working hard to get the new driver into the Friday update. We talked about it a few days ago, and he did not think it would be a big job.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
magikmama78
Reading lots!!
magikmama78 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Thanks I'm going to try loading on a bool from the libaray and see if it still freezes.
magikmama78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Good. Tim has since said that his new driver would not make it into this week's calibre update.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert