Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
RoGuE_StreaK
RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Kobo Touch
Transferred Touch library to Calibre, not all ticked

I have a weird problem trying to backup my Touch. Last night I got the 2.1.5 update, and have updated Calibre, in an attempt to reorganise my books automatically to shelves.
With a blank Calibre library, I have gone to the Device, selected all, and used "Add books to library". All books seem to transfer (BTW, these are all side-loaded epubs originally sent via Calibre), but under both Device and Library they only show up as about 2/3 ticked; ie. under Device only about 2/3 of the books show up as being in the Library, but those unticked books are showing in the Library itself. In fact, these unticked books are showing up as unticked in both Library and Device??

I've tried clearing the calibre library several times and re-transfering (after rebooting the Touch), as well as deleting the two .calibre files off the Touch.

Any thoughts? Worst case, I'll have to completely wipe the Touch and re-convert and transfer the original files.
RoGuE_StreaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This is a known issue with the current Kobo Touch calibre driver.... Reloading will make no difference until David gets to the bottom of it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
RoGuE_StreaK
RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Kobo Touch
So should I just ignore the ticks if it appears that they are on both lists?

On a related but separate note, if I update metadata, series etc. on the local Calibre library, can I just send to device and have it update, or does the Touch library need to be cleared first? The main thing I'm after is auto-shelves / series numbering, so I have some sort of idea of what order I should be reading in (some series have multiple different authors)
RoGuE_StreaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGuE_StreaK View Post
So should I just ignore the ticks if it appears that they are on both lists?
As Peter said, there is a bug in the driver where some books don't match. It generally means the title of the book on the device doesn't exactly match what calibre has. This usually comes about because of a plugboard adding the series info or because an article is moved to the end of the title.

I'm working on it and might have just checked in something to fix it. Or, more likely reduce the times it happens.
Quote:
On a related but separate note, if I update metadata, series etc. on the local Calibre library, can I just send to device and have it update, or does the Touch library need to be cleared first? The main thing I'm after is auto-shelves / series numbering, so I have some sort of idea of what order I should be reading in (some series have multiple different authors)
When you put a book onto a Kobo device, it gets processed and added to the internal database and hence the library. When you replace that book, it doesn't get reprocessed in the same way. So, changing the metadata such as the comments won't get picked up. And using a plugboard to update the title with the series info won't get picked up. But, putting them on the shelves is handled by the driver. This will get updated when calibre does a sync.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote